Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
My iPhone 5 froze in Safari while I was responding to another post on here. It was lagging horribly while I was typing. Then it froze and the last letter I typed was stuck popped up and kept flashing gray and the signal, time, and battery indicators kept disappearing at the same time. I had to hard restart. Tried to get some screenshots but they were just black. Running 7.1 with Verizon. It's also frozen in calls. Resetting network settings seemed to fix it.

Anyone else have this happen? I know there's another post with an iPhone 4, but it's not running 7.1.

marcjc

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2014
Safari Froze

Yes I too have had this happen. Wait long enough and no need to hard boot as it will do it itself. This happened to me two days ago also in safari, the text input stopped, screen flashing, etc... Actually I was only in safari no other apps open that i know of at the time. Yesterday I received a text, went to reply and wham phone rebooted on its own. So I have that issue too. iPhone 5 running 7.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.