Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zanykirk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
I have a USB Server with four ports attached to my ethernet LAN. If I enter the IP address into Safari it shows me the Server details and the details of any item attached to any of the ports. However I cannot access anything on the server. If I put the IP address into Connect to Server I get an error message. Apparently the Server is on a "different network segment". How can I overcome this?
Attached pages from Safari.

Attachments

• USBServer.gif
    USBServer.gif
    117 KB · Views: 445

eschw95458

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
What is the make and model of the usb server? And what is the ip of your mac? Go :apple: system preferences -->Network --> then either ethernet or wi-fi as applies to you.

zanykirk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
How can I access a USB Server on a "different network segment"?

The Server is a FY Networking USB2.0 Server (see photo)
My main iMac has an IP address of 192.168.1.66
On the attached photo it is shown as iMac2.
Hope you can help.
Regards, Ron

Attachments

• Technicolour.gif
    Technicolour.gif
    58.1 KB · Views: 350

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
If I put the IP address into Connect to Server I get an error message. Apparently the Server is on a "different network segment". How can I overcome this?
Attached pages from Safari.
The server is on the same network segment as your computer. The problem, from what I can see at the server vendor's website is that the only function that works with a Mac is printer sharing, which you do not access via "connect to server."

zanykirk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Many thanks for your contribution. I was hoping there was a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.