Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
I was just about to ask the very same question... anyone going to the Expo to reboot a MacBook Pro (I really have to get used to that horrible name)?

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2003
whooleytoo said:
I hope you're joking! :eek:

That would be "fun", much like bamboo sticks under the fingernails are "cosy"! :D

it would be as fun as watching a horse give birth to a full grown human

qzak

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2005
i doubt they do. they didnt change the form for the iMac or the Powerbook (Macbook Pro). seemed to me they're trying to keep things as close to pre-Intel as possible, just upgrading. maybe to help not confuse people??

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
qzak said:
i doubt they do. they didnt change the form for the iMac or the Powerbook (Macbook Pro). seemed to me they're trying to keep things as close to pre-Intel as possible, just upgrading. maybe to help not confuse people??

Ya I kinda felt like that, too. After thinking about it, it makes sense... all the RevA Intel products might well be in the old cases just to make some continuity between them, and then the RevB will (hopefully) start to see some innovation...

iSaint

macrumors 603
6914708 said:
it would be as fun as watching a horse give birth to a full grown human

Have you ever seen a baby horse? I would guess they are as big as a fully grown human.

How about: as much fun as an egalitarian speech at a Hitler youth convention.

no, that's not good...

fun, like, like...well, I'm no good at this game.

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
The chime is pretty old at this point. Part of me wants to keep it for the sake of tradition, and part of me wants to discard it for something a bit flashier -- anyone remember the startup chimes on the SGI Indigo2's? I loved that -- a brilliant arpeggio. Cared less for the one on the SGI Indy...

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
qzak said:
Yes they did. The MacBook Pro is a different case to the PowerBook 15". It is 0.1" thinner and is slightly wider and deeper. Add in that iSight and you can tell while it is similar, it isn't like the iMac which merely changed some of its guts over.

Most, (me included), wanted them to strick with aluminium or back to titanium, even keeping the current design of the PowerBook. They did this, while still making the necessary modifications. I think the MBP design is near spot on and while I would have liked some features to stay, I can't say I will really miss them. I have no need for dial up, nothing as of yet needing Firewire 800, (and the expess/34 will solve that if needed), and so I think it is as close to the model I was after as was possible. All we need is for the Apple chime to remain and bingo.

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
Drastic changes will come with the next revision, I'd bet. New form factor, new chime, etc. Remember the beige G3 desktop and tower? Another new processor quickly getting changed out for a new fancy style shortly after inception. I'm waiting for it.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
I guess EFI lets Apple keep the jingle.
What would have been cool is if they had the music from the Intel ad as the jingle.

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
benjamindaines said:
Yes, it's a Axiom SG

Thats cool. My friend has a custom built one, he uses it for competition stunt jumping trials. He bought it because of its strength under jumping conditions. Before buying his bike he broke four Specialized bike frames. For some reason the frames would snap at the back welds, luckily he was sponsored by Specialized at the time so he would just get a new one evry time one would brake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.