Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nasir.666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
many people are saying they cant hear my voice when im talking with them on iphone 5s. i have already tried reset and other methods but problem still remains.please help:confused:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It may be you have a defective phone, I'd say bring back to Apple and let them have a looksie.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
many people are saying they cant hear my voice when im talking with them on iphone 5s. i have already tried reset and other methods but problem still remains.please help:confused:

This sounds like a problem that has been around since the iPhone 4 days (as far as I can tell). Check these discussions:

Apple forums iPhone
iFixit forums iPhone 4 problem
MacRumors iPhone problem
O2 iPhone 5s problem

I actually had this problem with the launch iPhone 4 on AT&T that I use to have before I sold it. The general consensus for the solution is to swap it out at the Apple Store, especially while it is still covered under warranty. I believe with the iPhone 4, one of the potential causes for the problem is that an IC involved with the noise cancellation is knocked loose from the flex cable, which explains why the voice recording and FaceTime still work properly, but calls do not.

Summary; schedule an appointment with your Genius and get that phone swapped out! :apple:

Rizzm

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2012
Can they hear you at all?

If so, maybe there is lint in the microphone holes. Mine were clogged up from always being in my pants. The lightning connector was packed full too, so now the cable always has a solid connection.

I used some very fine tip tweezers to clean the phone.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
with the noise cancellation i find that if i do not talk directly into the mic with it properly resting on my ear/cheek, i come in very muffled to who ever i am speaking to.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
with the noise cancellation i find that if i do not talk directly into the mic with it properly resting on my ear/cheek, i come in very muffled to who ever i am speaking to.

That is not normal. I can set my phone down on my desk and hold a perfectly normal conversation with the speaker turned on. That is not how noise cancellation works.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
That is not normal. I can set my phone down on my desk and hold a perfectly normal conversation with the speaker turned on. That is not how noise cancellation works.

my speaker actually works great ... most of the time people don't even know they are on speaker phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.