Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gianb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2014
Hey guys!

So I accidentally deleted one of my Logic Pro X projects, and I want to recover it.

So here is what I got so far.
If you Right Click on a Logic project and select "Show Folder Contents" you will find the main folders from Logic, and Under Alternatives - 000, you will find what I think it is Logics main file, "Project Data"

So after figuring that out, I got "Data Rescue 3" and using its "FileIQ" Function, I tried to "teach" the software to look for that type of file.
And then finally, after a long scan, I recover that file. I can that that is the right file, because once I open it in a text form, I can see the instruments and the name of the files I used.

The problem is, I can't open it!
If you grab just a random project, and copy its ProjectData file, to another one, it will work!

So my conclusion is, I recovered the file, but because the Recover Software is old, It is not able to recover the file on a proper way!

Anyway, I know the data is there, I just need to find a way to make it work again!
Anyone?

Reactions: vista980622

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
You say "so I got Data Rescue 3". Do you mean you pirated it or you purchased it? Because you also say " the Recover Software is old". Perhaps you need to purchase the latest version of the software.

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Hey guys!

So I accidentally deleted one of my Logic Pro X projects, and I want to recover it.

So here is what I got so far.
If you Right Click on a Logic project and select "Show Folder Contents" you will find the main folders from Logic, and Under Alternatives - 000, you will find what I think it is Logics main file, "Project Data"

So after figuring that out, I got "Data Rescue 3" and using its "FileIQ" Function, I tried to "teach" the software to look for that type of file.
And then finally, after a long scan, I recover that file. I can that that is the right file, because once I open it in a text form, I can see the instruments and the name of the files I used.

The problem is, I can't open it!
If you grab just a random project, and copy its ProjectData file, to another one, it will work!

So my conclusion is, I recovered the file, but because the Recover Software is old, It is not able to recover the file on a proper way!

Anyway, I know the data is there, I just need to find a way to make it work again!
Anyone?

The ProjectData binary you got probably contains corrupted/redundant blocks. I am facing identical issues now (for helping a friend recover his works).
Unfortunately, there is no appear ant way to resolve it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.