Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
I'm really getting tired of all the issues with my 5S and iOS 7.

So, I'm gonna sell my 5S and was looking at getting the BlackBerry Z30 or Nexus 5.

Which one would you guys recommend? I really don't care bout the OS/Apps as I use my iPad most the time.

ravipiero

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
If you don't care about apps, go for Z30. It has a great battery life and good OS.

You can sideload android apps also in Z30. Its not as smooth as in N5, but you can use it incase you have really important apps that you would like to have in your phone.

///M5

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2009
Mississauga, ON
Z30. Superior OS in every single way. You'll love the flow of the OS and the hub, and other little tweaks in the OS. Very clean and smooth. The device feels also studier and more solid.

Apps are there, albeit not as many as on Android (and not even close), but Z30 can run most of Android apps so that shouldn't be a problem.

I've been using one since launch so I do know what I'm talking about. Also own an N5. Battery life is way better on the Z30. You'll love the phone. I'm a heavy business user. Nothing comes close to the hub on BB10.

Thank me later :cool:

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
I went from an SII to a Z10 last week and I'm pretty happy with it, there is a bit of a learning curve with the gestures but after a bit the gestures just make sense.
Sideloading is kind of "ehh", theres a decent loading time and the bar on the bottom never really goes away. What I've been doing with my paid apps or apps I want to buy, is to directly contact the dev and ask to email the app so I can side load it.

The autocorrect is stupid accurate.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Z30. While I own a Z10 (No carriers in my area offer the Z30 sadly) I can say that Blackberry 10 is great and the touchscreen keyboard/autocorrect is the best I've ever used. All of the features like Blackberry Hub make it by far the best operating system for just communication. Web browser is top notch as well.

I know you say you don't care about apps you should be warned that: you can side load Android apps easily enough but quite a few of them will not work/will be slow.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
Z30 hands down

My story in short- been an apple users since the original iphone had every one of them incl 5S, also had manay android, SGS3, Xperia Z and Xperia Z1.

While I liked many things about android, I wanted to try something new- so after a lot of research got the new Z30 last week

Oh boy ..do i love this phone. Here are the main reasons why:

The BB 10 OS is damn smooth and I can be so productive with the BB HUB - everything is in one place..all my emails, chats and Whatsapp messages. I'm pretty much on it all the time without having to switch between apps. Its probably not for everyone. But for me its so convenient.

Multitasking is so much better on BB 10. With the active frames, getting to what i want is so much smoother and quicker.

The keyboard - there is no comparison between the BB keyboard and anything else out there in my opinion. Its so intuitive and within a day, it has learnt everything about my typing style. so getting this done on emails and chat is so much quicker for me now.

The BB email app is so much better - i can search all my gmails and quickly look for emails that are from 2009 within seconds!! Cloudmagic on android is similar - but it stores every email on their server which i don't like.

Now you can load all the android apps with new BB OS. Camera is not as good as my Z1 or iphone..but i can live with that..
Go for Z30 and you wont regret!!

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have a N5. Great phone. Very fast , nice looking and a good screen.

I havent used a BB since the Pearl and i only had that 3 weeks and sold it and wont go back so i cant comment on those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.