Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jan 12, 2006, 03:58 PM   #1
baummer
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to baummer
iBook and iLife '06

On Tuesday, 10th of January (coincidence as it was the same date as MWSF), I purchased a 12" iBook G4 from my university's computer store. Excellent deal as I got it for a cool $699 (before taxes). Anyways, it came with Tiger and iLife '05, as well as product coupons. Can I use the product coupons for iLife '05 to get the '06 upgrade or is that not what they're for? THANKS!
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:07 PM   #2
robbieduncan

You can use the iLife uptodate program.

How many times have I posted that link in the last 2 days?
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:08 PM   #3
thegreatunknown
macrumors regular

unfortunately those are only proof of purchase coupons and unfortunately you will have to buy the new iLife... however there is good news... its $9.95 off of the Apple website for computers bought on or after the 10th. (as noted above, sorry)
thegreatunknown is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:13 PM   #4
baummer
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to baummer
Thanks so much! I did a search before posting but all the threads I found were unclear as to the purchase of the coupons or proofs or whatever they may be called.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:36 PM   #5
robbieduncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baummer
Thanks so much! I did a search before posting but all the threads I found were unclear as to the purchase of the coupons or proofs or whatever they may be called.
To be fair I think this is the first time I posted the link to show the terms to someone who qualifies! All the other times were to break the bad news to someone unlucky.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 05:08 PM   #6
iEdd
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to iEdd
This reminds me of half-way through last year when mum's 15" powerbook came with panther and migration with target disk didn't work cos the old powerbook had tiger.
iEdd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 05:58 PM   #7
yogamonkey
macrumors 6502

This $9.95 update only seems to apply to US & Canada. For some reason the UK apple store has no mention of it. I bought my iBook yesterday but am wondering whether I need to buy the whole new iLife or if the cheap upgrade will eventually come to the UK. Does anyone know if it will?
yogamonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs