Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:26 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

iPhone 6 Case Compared to iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 and Galaxy Note 3 in New Video

We've seen several examples of cases designed for the rumored 4.7-inch version of the upcoming iPhone 6, and in a new video, Unbox Therapy compares a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 case to the iPhone 5s, the Nexus 5 and the Galaxy Note 3, giving us an idea of how the iPhone 6 might look next to other large-screened devices.

The 4.7-inch case is depicted next to the 4-inch iPhone 5s, the 4.95-inch Nexus 5, and the 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 3. The case is closest in size to the Nexus 5, which gives the best representation of how a 4.7-inch iPhone may feel in the hand. The iPhone 5s looks quite a bit smaller than the case, while the Galaxy Note 3 looks significantly larger.

Along with a size comparison, the video points out some of the design features on the case, which may translate to design changes on the iPhone 6. As has been pointed out in other case and part leaks, the sleep/wake button has been moved from the top right of the device to the right side.

Rumors have suggested the sleep/wake button might be relocated in order to improve one-handed use on a larger device, and the volume buttons might be altered as well, gaining a rectangular iPad-mini-style shape rather than the existing circular buttons on the iPhone 5s.

The iPhone 6 case is also noted to be quite thin, which is in line with previous rumors about the device. According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the iPhone 6 could be significantly thinner than the existing 7.6mm iPhone 5s at 6.5-7.0mm and it may also have a narrower bezel.

Rendering of the iPhone 6 in both 4.7 and 5.7-inch sizes
Apple is expected to ship the iPhone 6 in two different sizes, the 4.7-inch version described in the video and also a 5.5-inch version that has reportedly seen some production delays. While the 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6 may make its debut as soon as September, the 5.5-inch version may not ship until 2015.

Along with a thinner profile, multiple sizes, and a narrower bezel, the iPhone 6 might include a sapphire crystal screen, an A8 processor, and camera improvements in the form of optical image stabilization.

Article Link: iPhone 6 Case Compared to iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 and Galaxy Note 3 in New Video
MacRumors is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:27 PM   #2
aerok
macrumors 65816

Comparaisons like these always work best!
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:27 PM   #3
CrazyForApple
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to CrazyForApple
I still don't think the iPhone 6 will even look like this
CrazyForApple is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:27 PM   #4
bushido
macrumors 603

lol at it being bigger than the Nexus 5 which has a 5.0 screen ...

stupid homebutton and camera above the grill
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:28 PM   #5
JayCee842
macrumors 6502a

Really? Come on, this guy uploads any video just for $$$
JayCee842 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:29 PM   #6
afsnyder
macrumors 6502a

With all these rumors and speculations... just remember the teardrop iPhone 5.

Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:30 PM   #7
1Zach1
macrumors 6502a

Already been done, and better, by a member here.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1727302

Support your local forum member.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:34 PM   #8
japanime
macrumors 65816

Every time I see that CG mockup of the supposed iPhone 6, I've got to laugh.

Who among us believes Apple would revert to the smaller circular camera flash after having adopted the superior pill-shaped flash?

So, why show it this way in the mockup? Just because the the "leaked" schematics showed it that way?

Silly.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:35 PM   #9
KieranDotW
macrumors 6502a

I'm stoked, I can see myself carrying it. To the naysayers, I don't think this is too radical to really happen compared to past case rumors. Fingers crossed for June but September works too.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:39 PM   #10
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816

If true, me likes!!!

To me, that's the perfect size. I don't want a pancake, but I do most everything on the iPhone so the extra real estate is most welcome as long as the form factor hits the sweet spot!
CosmoPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:43 PM   #11
MrPunk2u
macrumors newbie

so there isn't a headphone jack cutout? If so the bottom cutouts on either side of the lightning port would be the same size
MrPunk2u is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:46 PM   #12
Radio
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsnyder View Post
With all these rumors and speculations... just remember the teardrop iPhone 5.

Wait what?

I have this case for my iPhone 5!
Radio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:46 PM   #13
Hieveryone
macrumors 6502a

I am not a fan of big phones. If this is in fact the new iPhone I will not be purchasing one. I think the iPhone 5 S screen size and comfort in holding is perfect.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:53 PM   #14
afsnyder
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Wait what?

I have this case for my iPhone 5!
I don't know if you are kidding.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:54 PM   #15
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Enough with these stupid third party case/concept designs stories already. They barely deserve a side bar mention.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:54 PM   #16
D.T.
macrumors 68030

I’m hoping the final product is flexible like that ...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:55 PM   #17
xizdun
macrumors member

Gross, the case makes it look like an Android, and that is totally not what I want my iPhone to look like.

Aluminum 4tw.
xizdun is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:55 PM   #18
aussie_geek
macrumors 65816

Isn't it funny now apple is making a larger phone.

It was only a couple of years ago that Phil Schiller was telling us that wide, large phones are no good for ergonomics.

Another fail on Apple's part.

Apple has seriously run out of ideas - look at the rate they are buying other companies as well.

Unless there are must have iOs apps that you have, make the jump to android now. I did and never looked back.
aussie_geek is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:57 PM   #19
inscrewtable
macrumors 6502a

It's kind of ironic that Apple's phones are so beautifully designed yet are very often inserted into the most cheap and ugly bumpers so that for the entire time of ownership the user does not even get to appreciate the handfeel of the phone.

Quote:
The case should fit on the outside of the phone...
Agreed, it wouldn't be much use on the inside.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 07:10 PM   #20
vomhorizon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by inscrewtable View Post
It's kind of ironic that Apple's phones are so beautifully designed yet are very often inserted into the most cheap and ugly bumpers so that for the entire time of ownership the user does not even get to appreciate the handfeel of the phone.

Agreed, it wouldn't be much use on the inside.
Ever since i switched to T-mobile Jump and bought myself a Nexus5 i don't bother using a case..Its what my company pays 10 bucks a month for will do the same when i pick up a T_mobile iphone 6 this fall..
Nexus 5 (32gb, T Mobile) ~ Retired
vomhorizon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 07:16 PM   #21
goobot
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_geek View Post
Isn't it funny now apple is making a larger phone.

It was only a couple of years ago that Phil Schiller was telling us that wide, large phones are no good for ergonomics.

Another fail on Apple's part.

Apple has seriously run out of ideas - look at the rate they are buying other companies as well.

Unless there are must have iOs apps that you have, make the jump to android now. I did and never looked back.
You act as if Google isn't buying tons of companies either.
goobot is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 07:17 PM   #22
Bayshun
macrumors member

Couldn't you just go to the store and hold your iPhone 5/5S next to any one of the numerous 4.7 inch phones to get a comparison? Are these official Apple cases, or are they just some mock up, or third-party cased based on rumors?

All this video seems to say is, "we believe that the rumored 4.7 inch iPhone 6 will be 4.7 inches, like the other 4.7 inch phones out there. This our theory based on a possible case some person somewhere out there made."
Bayshun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 07:18 PM   #23
vomhorizon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobot View Post
You act as if Google isn't buying tons of companies either.
they are buying even more. Google fans often point to apple's slow pace in acquiring companies compared to google and facebook as being the reason they see apple going down, when its convenient. Other times they show that apple going outside for "capability" as being a shoreshot sign that they do not have anythinge exciting inside..

It seems apple aint going anywhere unless they buy a drone maker..
Nexus 5 (32gb, T Mobile) ~ Retired

Last edited by vomhorizon; Apr 23, 2014 at 07:25 PM.
vomhorizon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 07:20 PM   #24
Xiroteus
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyForApple View Post
I still don't think the iPhone 6 will even look like this
That is something I would like to see. Instead of every leak being true it looks completely different and surprises everyone.
Xiroteus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 07:25 PM   #25
vsighi
macrumors 6502

I am not convince 100% that base on this video this is the new iPhone 6
vsighi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion