Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I'm gonna predict it first, it will be boxier same as the first gen ipad retro style just thinner ala iphone 4/iphone 5 series. 1st gen ipad has to be my favorite ipad design along with the iPad mini.
Now I'm not saying it's gonna come out this year but I will say very soon. High chance of a mini redesign for next year and iPad Air to follow the design a year after.

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama
I'm gonna predict it first, it will be boxier same as the first gen ipad retro style just thinner ala iphone 4/iphone 5 series. 1st gen ipad has to be my favorite ipad design along with the iPad mini.
Now I'm not saying it's gonna come out this year but I will say very soon. High chance of a mini redesign for next year and iPad Air to follow the design a year after.
Because Apple so often reverts to a previous, boxier less sleek redesign of their products.

Coug-it

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
Coincidentally, October will the 20 year anniversary release of the Newton
120 model (I still have my 130 around somewhere and was able to start it up a
couple months ago although the backup battery needs to be replaced). That's
about as boxy as you can get for a tablet (8 x 4 x 1.25 " thick, 1 lb) so if you
want to carry your prediction a little farther... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.