Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 10, 2003, 10:49 AM   #1
nicmac
macrumors newbie

New Displays ?

The 22" LCD screens seem to be shipping a week behind the 17" screen.
I know there was speculation and rumors of a 19" or 20" new display at lower prices.
I would like to see a screen that has the option to be connected to an articulating arm.
nicmac is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2003, 02:16 PM   #2
MacFan25
macrumors 68000

Re: New Displays ?

Quote:
Originally posted by nicmac
I would like to see a screen that has the option to be connected to an articulating arm.
Yes, I would like to see that also.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 02:17 PM   #3
FelixDerKater
macrumors 68000

Will they all be in the wide-screen format?

It would be nice if they offered both wide-screen and standard formats.
FelixDerKater is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2003, 02:31 PM   #4
will
macrumors regular

I seriously doubt they'll offer different formats for the same sized screens. If you look at the trends, more and more Apple products have widescreen displays, I expect this trend to continue. I believe one of the new displays will be 19" widescreen. Let's hope Apple improve the screen speed for less blurring.
will is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2003, 02:46 PM   #5
ELYXR
macrumors regular

Apple HDTV...

In my opinion widescreen is a superior format. It caters to how the human eye naturally sees thru peripheral vision horizontally. This is very practical for laptops in terms of actual mass... it makes them more "book like" when they're closed and therefore easier to handle.

I think HDTV and Plasma displays are all widescreen for a reason... it rocks! I hope Apple comes out with an HDTV...
ELYXR is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2003, 04:06 PM   #6
MacFan25
macrumors 68000

Re: Apple HDTV...

Quote:
Originally posted by ELYXR
In my opinion widescreen is a superior format. It caters to how the human eye naturally sees thru peripheral vision horizontally. This is very practical for laptops in terms of actual mass... it makes them more "book like" when they're closed and therefore easier to handle.
I never really thought about the horizontal vision thing, but now that I think about it, I see your point. I really like widescreen TV's, and I also think my widescreen monitor looks great too.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 04:42 PM   #7
nicmac
macrumors newbie

New 12"powerbooks have VGA out no Digital

I am really dissappointed that Apple did not include DVI out for their flat displays with the new 12" PowerBook.
nicmac is offline   0
Old Jan 11, 2003, 01:57 AM   #8
WannabeSQ
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to WannabeSQ
I for one am fine with apple not putting DVI on the 12" powerbook, its not meant to be a desktop replacement, or a screamer, it is a compromomise on performance and cost for the sake of portability. I think it is great, and while I would have liked more ram and L3 cache, I doubt they could make it at this cost if they made it "perfect" in our eyes.
WannabeSQ is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers