Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WindWaker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
USA
Hey everyone,

I've been dabbling in and out of jailbreaking over the past month. I used to be very engaged in jailbreaking news around a year ago, but got super busy :(

Anyway, my retina iPad Mini is still on iOS 7.0.4, and I thought I'd jailbreak it for the first time. My question concerns the security of the most recent jailbreak. I remember around December or so, a major jailbreak came out for iOS7, but there was some controversy over the JB being linked to a Chinese company or something.

Is the most recent jailbreak reputable? This is the one I'm looking at:

http://www.redmondpie.com/download-...r-iphone-5s-5c-5-ipad-ipod-touch-windows-mac/

Thanks in advance!

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
You should be fine.

That whole controversy was blown out of proportion anyway, IMO. But the envad3rs removed the Chinese version of Cydia due to the overwhelming response of the jailbreak community.

I currently have my iPhone & iPad jailbroken. Just remember to back up and you'll be fine.

WindWaker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
USA
You should be fine.

That whole controversy was blown out of proportion anyway, IMO. But the envad3rs removed the Chinese version of Cydia due to the overwhelming response of the jailbreak community.

I currently have my iPhone & iPad jailbroken. Just remember to back up and you'll be fine.

Great, thanks!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Great, thanks!

and also make sure to install SSLPatch from cydia when you jailbreak iOS 7.0.4; otherwise, you're safer updating to stock iOS 7.1.1 (if you're not going to jailbreak)

there's an SSL bug in versions before iOS 7.0.6 (google it if you want to learn more about it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.