Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martin.mts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
Hi, I've been thinking of buying my first Macbookpro for a few months, and have been visiting this forum everyday as well.

Since many people had good words about the refurbished. I just ordered one today, which is $180 cheaper than the educational price (I'm a student).

But then I realized, if they have a 100MB-200MB CPS bump in the Summer or early Fall, I can get the updated model with the educational price.

Therefore, the choice is between:
A refurbished Oct. 2013 model + now.
An updated 2014 model with 100MB/200MB CUP bump + $180 + a few month (2-5 month?).

My windows laptop still works fine. I think I have no problem use it for a few more months.

And, In terms of canceling, I tried to cancel the order, but couldn't. It says that I can only cancel the order if I use a credit card or Apple gift card. I used a credit card and a debit card to pay the money. Is it the problem? or because it is refurbished? Can I call cancel it buy calling them? Or can I return it without any extra cost?

Thanks!

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I would recommend just keeping it, I doubt it will see a huge upgrade and this way you get to enjoy your computer sooner.

Dubberton

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
wait. newer tech, plus a new instead of refurbished. waaaiiit. call and figure out how to cancel or something.

martin.mts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
wait. newer tech, plus a new instead of refurbished. waaaiiit. call and figure out how to cancel or something.

Thanks! And thanks for all of you who replied.
Just called and canceled the order.
I think I can wait. There would probably be more information at the WWDC. And it is only less than 40 days away from now.
And, my current laptop is still sturdy, although it is four years old now. :)
Hope we will also have more information about the next gen. MS office for Mac. It would be great if the new version supports Right to Left text direction, cause I need this function.

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2012
I don't think the new models will be very different, might as well go with it... but yeah, it'll be newer and there will be some goodie maybe that we don't expect (maybe that new fancy rumored trackpad).

wytwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2012
Both of my laptops have been refurbs, black macbook and then a macbook pro. I buy in the summer (b day gift for myself :) ) shortly after the mac update. That way it's only last years model but you get the lower price due to the new models about to come out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.