Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoshDoug

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
Not entirely sure if this is the right forum (sorry) but as it's currently an app store download that is the problem i'll place it here.

The issue is downloads made specifcally from apple reaching a certain point in the download and stopping for no reason and not moving beyond that point regardless of what i try. Currently the issue is downloading Rome: Total War of off the Mac App Store where it was downloading fine on my desktop until it reached 114mb at which point it stopped for no particular reason, I've tried pausing and then starting, deleting and starting over and it reaches 114mb each time and stops, I've tried a wired connection and wireless. I have even tried downloading it on my laptop in the hopes of airdropping it over to my desktop, it also stopped downloading at 114mb on my laptop.

This isn't an isolated incedent either, I've had the same issue renting Wolverine off of itunes where it stopped downloading at a certain point. That time I spoke to directly to apple support (before they scrapped the service, great!) and got a refund as they couldn't fix the issue immediately and was told the issue should be fixed in a couple of weeks and to try and watch the film then, i tried a month later and had the same exact issue, regarldess of device.

Is there any fix for this or is this a problem on apples end that they need to resolve? What should I do?

The iMac is a Late 2009 21" Base Model and the MacBook Air is a Mid 2011 11" Base Model.

iMac is on the latest version of Mavericks and the Air is on the newly announced non-dev beta program, although I was having the issue before that was released.

Hopefully this is clear, thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.