Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
My battery drain has been crazy bad recently and, while I use some of the features of JB, curious if I should move to 7.1.1.....I understand I would lose JB for good but it's gotten bad. Thanks.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
My battery drain has been crazy bad recently and, while I use some of the features of JB, curious if I should move to 7.1.1.....I understand I would lose JB for good but it's gotten bad. Thanks.

what tweaks are you using? Your battery will surely increase if you move to 7.1.1 because there won't be tweaks draining battery life

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

Just give a try to "top" to find out what's using the CPU...

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I would use ilex rat to remove all tweeks and the add each one, one at a time to see which one was causing the problem.

7.1.1 isn't special enough to lose the JB over.

moupay

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2013
I don't understand this line of thinking. If you're willing to get ridof your JB because of perceived ****** battery life, than why don't you just get rid of all your tweaks and leave your jb in tact so you don't come here and complain about losing your jb later

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I don't understand this line of thinking. If you're willing to get ridof your JB because of perceived ****** battery life, than why don't you just get rid of all your tweaks and leave your jb in tact so you don't come here and complain about losing your jb later

I agree.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011

So a JB iOS 7 device with no tweaks produces identical battery life as 7.1.1? I didn't think so.

Chazz08

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2012

Why are you here?

cariduros

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012
All I read was that it improved battery life for people that seemed to get a decrease from when they went to 7.1 so the only increase you'd get is from not having tweaks.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Lol I'm the guy who is going to leave his iPhone 6 in the box until an iOS 8 jailbreak is released, and use my jail broken 5 in the meantime. HeII no I'm not losing my jailbreak over "bug fixes"

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Lol I'm the guy who is going to leave his iPhone 6 in the box until an iOS 8 jailbreak is released, and use my jail broken 5 in the meantime. HeII no I'm not losing my jailbreak over "bug fixes"

Im the same way:D
I'd rather stick with a JB phone and wait for the new iphone to be JB before I buy it. Or if I buy it I wont even bother using it till my cydia hacks are working on the new phone.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Im the same way:D
I'd rather stick with a JB phone and wait for the new iphone to be JB before I buy it. Or if I buy it I wont even bother using it till my cydia hacks are working on the new phone.

lol im to the point where ei can't even use vanilla iOS 7. i can deal with vanilla iOS 6, but 7 is way to slow and ugly...

Boogsephine

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I'm tempted to go to 7.1.1 from my 6.1.2 jailbreak due to some small issues I'm having with my current set up. I was one day too late to upgrade to 7.0 and JB. I'm just trying to make due with what I have until it finally craps out enough that I have to upgrade.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Again, if you did your proper research and due diligence, you'd be on b2 or b3 of 7.1 and untethered for A7 and below.

But even 7.1.1 over 7.0.4/7.0.6 JB, I'd give that a definitive NO!

thumbs_sean%20connery%20james%20bond.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.