Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
For anyone interested…

Go here and enter your serial to see if you are eligible. If you are, you've got a window of two years starting from your original purchase date for replacement.

Apple takes your phone for 4-6 days. They will give you a 16GB loaner if you require one. If you replaced the button before and paid for it, see the bottom of the page for contact info.

If you are on iOS 6 it seems you will be forced to upgrade to iOS 7.

Note that this does not seem to be a replacement of the entire phone, just the button.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Wonder if this thread will get closed now that there's an article about it...

Anyway, my iPhone 5 is eligible, but the sleep/wake button works just fine. I'm still thinking of taking advantage of this in case I sell it or keep it when my contract (and warranty) is up in January. That all depends on what Verizon does about expired contracts with the new BYOD discounts. Still have to check if my boyfriend's T-Mobile model that he bought in September is also eligible.

Does anyone know if Verizon will freak out over a loaner phone? I've never gotten a replacement and I don't want to mess up my contract. Just because CDMA carriers were a PITA about device activation back in the day...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I posted after seeing this on Google. THEN I saw it here on the front page. So, if it get's closed that's fine. At least the info is out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.