Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Adobe are giving away CS2 for free!

Here's the link:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?loc=en&e=cs2_downloads

Enjoy
This has been covered. It's NOT free!

Adobe shut down the CS2 activation server. Because of that, if you have a legally bought copy of CS2 and need to reinstall you have no way to activate.

Adobe is simply providing customers who purchased a legal copy of CS2 with a version of the software that will activate with the code provided. It's not free.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1521163/

Last edited:

FigmentNewtonII

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2012
This has been covered. It's NOT free!

Adobe shut down the CS2 activation server. Because of that, if you have a legally bought copy of CS2 and need to reinstall you have no way to activate.

Adobe is simply providing customers who purchased a legal copy of CS2 with a version of the software that will activate with the code provided. It's not free.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1521163/

I downloaded CS2 like a month ago. Unless something changed, I just made an account and downloaded it. There's no "proving" you own the product. It's pretty open for anyone to download. With CS6 and whatnot being more updated and powerful programs Adobe probably don't really care. If anything they're more like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uc-LIr4wD8

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I downloaded CS2 like a month ago. Unless something changed, I just made an account and downloaded it. There's no "proving" you own the product. It's pretty open for anyone to download. With CS6 and whatnot being more updated and powerful programs Adobe probably don't really care. If anything they're more like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uc-LIr4wD8
If you read the thread I linked to at all you would see that I mention something along the lines of what you just said, or at least someone in that thread did.

I do not deny the ease at which it is to get the download, install and move on. For reasons known only to Adobe, they chose not to provide any serious authentication that you are a CS2 owner before allowing a download.

But Adobe released a statement saying that this was only for CS2 owners who purchased a legal copy. It doesn't matter if Adobe "doesn't really care," because that statement makes it legal only for those CS2 owners. The legality is not in question.

Easy to get does not automatically mean legal. Two separate issues.

Please note, I am not on a tirade about pirating. I am simply stating the facts as they would be seen in any court of law.

Last edited:

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
Also, Photoshop CS2 is only working under first versions of 10.4, if one has 10.4.11, which is very likely, you have to upgrade Photoshop from version 9.0.1 to 9.2 first. I did that and it still doesn't work under 10.4.11. (I had an old copy on my 10.2.8 installation though, a long time ago that worked.)

bse5150

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2014
Also, Photoshop CS2 is only working under first versions of 10.4, if one has 10.4.11, which is very likely, you have to upgrade Photoshop from version 9.0.1 to 9.2 first. I did that and it still doesn't work under 10.4.11. (I had an old copy on my 10.2.8 installation though, a long time ago that worked.)

I have Photoshop CS2 running fine on my Mac Mini G4 running 10.4.11. I didn't have to upgrade anything.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
I have Photoshop CS2 running fine on my Mac Mini G4 running 10.4.11. I didn't have to upgrade anything.

Hm, I don't know what I am doing wrong then. Also, I found that Update online on an ADOBE site, so it definately serves a purpose and it says something about compatibility with 10.4.11. Also you can find threads back from 2006 or 2007, where people say since they upgraded to 10.4.11 they can no longer use Photoshop CS2. Are you sure you run Photoshop and not another program from the suite?

bse5150

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2014
Hm, I don't know what I am doing wrong then. Also, I found that Update online on an ADOBE site, so it definately serves a purpose and it says something about compatibility with 10.4.11. Also you can find threads back from 2006 or 2007, where people say since they upgraded to 10.4.11 they can no longer use Photoshop CS2. Are you sure you run Photoshop and not another program from the suite?

I don't know. I downloaded Photoshop and I installed it. It just worked.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
I don't know. I downloaded Photoshop and I installed it. It just worked.

Perhaps the problem occurs only, if one installs the whole suite (ImageReady, Photoshop, InDesign, GoLive, etc.), but one is save, if he chooses the Photoshop 9 only install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.