Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

townsend2005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
Hey guys! Quick Question!

My current setup:
Early 2011 MBP
HDD in Original Bay.
SSD in Opti-bay.
(Currently) Single boot to 10.6.8 with Parallels

My Goal:
Mavericks on my SSD
Bootcamp to put 10.6.8 / XP / Win7 on the HDD
(I have p.i.t.a. legacy software needs, including video software which needs native windows.).

Questions:
Can I have multiple Windows boot partitions on my HDD? Someone has said this isn't possible.

Can I use Bootcamp (under 10.6.8) to make the partitions on the original-bay HDD, and then restore an old CCC image to the intended 10.6.8 Boot partition? It looked like 10.6.8 could make a Win 7 Bootcamp partition, from the specs page.

Can I install Mavericks to my SSD, once I remove my superdrive? (I'm guessing so, since it's a download, right?)

Are there any benefits to using Bootcamp from the Mavericks environment? (is that even a thing?)

Thank you!

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
With Boot Camp, you can only have OS X and one version of Windows installed. Also, Windows XP is not supported on systems running Lion or later unless through a virtual machine. XP runs surprisingly well in Parallels or VMWare Fusion, especially if you have a quad-core Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.