Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:46 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Execs Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi to Speak at Code Conference in May

Apple executives Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi will speak at the first annual Code Conference hosted by Re/code, the site reported today. The duo will headline the second night of the event in late May.

Quote:
We are very excited to have both Cue and Federighi at the event to talk about a range of things about the company that remains at the center of the action, especially in the important mobile sector. From the shifting entertainment and communications landscape to the fast-moving wearables space to, well, everything digital, these two play a very important role.
Eddy Cue serves as Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services handling the iTunes Store, App Store, iCloud, and more, while Federighi serves as the senior vice president of Software Engineering, overseeing both iOS and OS X.

Both Cue and Federighi report directly to Tim Cook and are responsible for overseeing many essential elements of Apple's ecosystem.

Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher of Re/code have done multiple yearly conferences, formerly under All Things D. Past events have included interviews with former Apple CEO Steve Jobs and last year's event featured current Apple CEO Tim Cook, who spoke about wearables and television.

The 2014 Code Conference will also feature speakers like General Motors CEO Mary Barra and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. While the event is sold out, the site does have plans to post news and videos on Re/code throughout the conference.

Article Link: Apple Execs Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi to Speak at Code Conference in May
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:47 PM   #2
TreyCox
macrumors regular

Nice. This should be interesting, indeed.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:49 PM   #3
SmileyBlast!
macrumors 6502a

Amazing how successful Re/code has been out of the gate.
SmileyBlast! is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:50 PM   #4
macjonny1
macrumors 6502a

Hey Craig button up your shirt!

cool hair BTW!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:52 PM   #5
komodo55555
macrumors newbie

it's definitely better than hearing "...the best product" for the 100th time.
komodo55555 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:54 PM   #6
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Will be interesting if they drop any hints or if Apple PR makes sure they stick to script.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:57 PM   #7
Traverse
macrumors 65816

I like Craig, he has a likable personality on stage. More human than Phil in my opinion.

Plus, dat hair! XD
Traverse is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 02:18 PM   #8
Shaun, UK
macrumors 68000

Excited? Why, they're not going to tell us anything we don't already know. Apple execs are like robots, they are programmed to avoid answering anything that we would actually like to know. Bet this will be a dull as dishwater.
Shaun, UK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 02:21 PM   #9
i4m
macrumors regular

Apple's bad boys with their shirts open... the opposite of Jobs' turtleneck..
i4m is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 02:42 PM   #10
mdridwan47
macrumors regular

This I Like. They should be far more interesting than Cook. I'm very Excited.
mdridwan47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 02:55 PM   #11
Since
macrumors newbie

For a moment the head line scared, before I completed reading it.
I thought they were leaving the company!
Since is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:06 PM   #12
Zimmy68
macrumors 6502a

Wow, Eddy Cue is still employed after the ebook fiasco???
Zimmy68 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:21 PM   #13
SanJacinto
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since View Post
Me too. This little shock moment remembers me of this "Jony Ive thing" when he disappeared from Apple's homepage.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:24 PM   #14
Richardgm
macrumors 6502a

I like Craig and Eddy, they should have much more to say than Cook. See last year's event.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:40 PM   #15
Millah
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
Excited? Why, they're not going to tell us anything we don't already know. Apple execs are like robots, they are programmed to avoid answering anything that we would actually like to know. Bet this will be a dull as dishwater.
Because hearing them talk about unannounced products is the only thing to gain by hearing these two guys speak? Boy, then Steve Jobs appearances must have been a snoozefest for you

The excitement is from picking the brains of these two important and intelligent leaders at Apple, and listening to a little bit of their insight.

Those talks with Steve Jobs were pretty insightful and fascinating looks into the mind of a genius. It was just very interesting listening to him talk about a variety of topics. Same for Tim Cook. I suspect the same will be for Craig and Eddy. And their personalities will probably make it a little more humorous.
Millah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:41 PM   #16
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardgm View Post
I like Craig and Eddy, they should have much more to say than Cook. See last year's event.
I wish this conference was after WWDC. Then we know they'd have something to talk about.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:55 PM   #17
Swift
macrumors 65816

Let them compete

10 years down the line, what happens at Apple? Who's the CEO? It's good that Cook isn't the only face of Apple. Steve dominated that way. Cook doesn't. This is his team.
Swift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 05:03 PM   #18
Jimmy James
macrumors 68000

Captain Hair
Jimmy James is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 05:08 PM   #19
Shaun, UK
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millah View Post
Because hearing them talk about unannounced products is the only thing to gain by hearing these two guys speak? Boy, then Steve Jobs appearances must have been a snoozefest for you

The excitement is from picking the brains of these two important and intelligent leaders at Apple, and listening to a little bit of their insight.

Those talks with Steve Jobs were pretty insightful and fascinating looks into the mind of a genius. It was just very interesting listening to him talk about a variety of topics. Same for Tim Cook. I suspect the same will be for Craig and Eddy. And their personalities will probably make it a little more humorous.
To coin a phrase Craig and Eddy are not and never will be Steve Jobs. He was a one off. He was a showman. Tim Cook interesting? Are you joking! The guy is about as boring as it gets. If you enjoy listening to Tim Cook you have a bigger problem than me.

PS Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and I don't appreciate people who use the sarcasm smile in their posts as if somehow they have the only right to an opinion.
Shaun, UK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 07:19 PM   #20
nzalog
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
Captain Hair
Very mane stream.
Last edited by nzalog; Yesterday at 04:42 PM.
nzalog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:12 PM   #21
Tech198
macrumors 68040

Craig Federighi has gone a bit more grey since i last saw him
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:56 PM   #22
Ddyracer
macrumors 68000

TC should make Federighi COO.
Ddyracer is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:44 PM   #23
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since View Post
That would definitely be a big loss! But never fear, their well documented passion for Apple (plus some very persuasive, if not downright lucrative, stock options) will hopefully keep them firmly planted in Cupertino.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 08:48 AM   #24
cosmolv
macrumors member

shining charisma from these guys
cosmolv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2014, 04:30 AM   #25
anthonyp01
macrumors member

Looks like a before and after shot.

Please follow me, I need groupies!: Twitter - Google + - Linkedin
anthonyp01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion