Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
This isn't your usual 'Mac Peripheral' but is probably one of the most important. I'm looking for a desk. Something very nice yet minimalistic desk for a home office setup with dual 27" monitors. Can anyone make a recommendation? I'm having a hard time finding anything that I really like.

parivera30

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
For minimal, look at Heckler Design One Less Desk. I have this but don't have dual monitors. It may work if you get a dual VESA mount to clamp to the desk. It's a solid desk. I can sit on it and it won't budge. Has a hidden slot for drives and cabling also.

http://hecklerdesign.com/product-category/oneless-collection/

tcphoto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
Madison, GA
Check out the "Show us your setup" thread for a little inspiration. I like to recycle items in my loft, so I went with a six foot metal prep table.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Go to an office supply outlet (Staples, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot) and get a "conference table" with folding legs.

30"x60" is a common size (some are 30"x72").

Cheap, broad, flat surface to put your stuff on.

Not the snazziest desk around, but very affordable.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Check out the "Show us your setup" thread for a little inspiration. I like to recycle items in my loft, so I went with a six foot metal prep table.

Doesn't that shelf underneath get in the way?

This is my favorite desk. It will be mine some day. Oh yes. It will be mine.

http://www.bluelounge.com/products/studiodesk/

Really like the cable management in that one. You could hide hard drives, time capsules and all sorts of stuff in there quite easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.