Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarionGelan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
New York
Some Chinese website has posted these images of alleged IPhone 6 dummy units. And it looks like the size of the screen is a bit larger than 4.7 in... Probably 5.5
What do you guys think ?

http://www.nowhereelse.fr/maquette-physique-iphone-6-air-97136/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 479

MarionGelan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
New York
Not digging the incredibly thin design, but I'll still buy it... :rolleyes::p

Hehe I am totally on your side but honestly it looks very sleek and modern haha
But you know what? I'd rather have a bigger battery and a bulkier phone..I don't want them sacrificing the battery. I'm already charging my iPhone 5S twice a day as is :/

MarionGelan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
New York
seems a bit big for what other leaks suggest.

This might be the "phablet" that Apple might be toying with...
Nonetheless, if it comes to fruition then I'm buying a bigger iPhone. But only if the battery is big enough cause I'm tired of charging my phone twice a day.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
But you know what? I'd rather have a bigger battery and a bulkier phone..I don't want them sacrificing the battery. I'm already charging my iPhone 5S twice a day as is :/

They can make it thinner while keeping the battery at the same thickness.

What are you doing to need to charge it twice aday?

MarionGelan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
New York
They can make it thinner while keeping the battery at the same thickness.

What are you doing to need to charge it twice aday?

Well I'm always visitng websites and streaming music and videos. I like to go on YouTube and Amazon Prime App to watch some shows... That drains the battery tremendously :/
Yeah I hope they don't sacrifice the battery in building this super blaze thin iPhone

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada

That's what we all want but it's not gonna happen :( It will likely have the same battery life we have right now

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Well I'm always visitng websites and streaming music and videos. I like to go on YouTube and Amazon Prime App to watch some shows... That drains the battery tremendously :/
Yeah I hope they don't sacrifice the battery in building this super blaze thin iPhone

I don't think they will sacrifice battery, they will have learned that from the competitors such as the Samsung Galaxy S4. Tim Cook was asked about big screen phones and he said they were not interested in big screens while major trade offs existed, he gave examples such as battery life and one handed use.

Personally I think Apple have been working on a big screen for many years, and have found how to do it without making trade offs, Apple are known for this, that's why they are not usually the first to release a device, such as the tablet, phone and more recent smart watches. That's why they make the best devices and that's why I support them :apple:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Thinner means a less "robust" construction and more will be bent/damaged. I had hoped Apple had learned from the 5 and 5S.

Oh well, they are giving what they think we all want no matter what!

Last edited:

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I like the style, but not digging the size. If they go really big, I hope they also release the same specced phone in a smaller version too.

I want a larger screen, but 4.7" would be about perfect. I could probably deal with a 5", but that's about my limit before the phone starts feeling unwieldy to me, and even then, It's a little bigger than I'd like.

Someone at work has an HTC One Max, and it makes the Note look small. It's absurdly large.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Yeah, I hate protruding cameras. I would much rather the whole device be the same thickness, no matter how thick that must be to contain the camera.

Yeah if I needs to be a bit thicker to fit it in so be it.

----------

Why Not? If it means they can fit a bigger Sensor I'm game.

Then just make the phone a little thicker and use the extra space in the rest of the phone for battery

----------

No dual-flash for camera?

That won't happen i think it's a fake photo

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2008
Oh no, this protruding camera looks horrible. It is not very Apple-like to release such a weird phone.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Looks like it will bend quite easily in a pocket.

Right, because Apple didn't know that it will be carried in a pocket. But that's good for them because we have to buy a new one every month..................

OT it would match the leaked schematics where the iPhone 6 with the 5,5'' display will have a protruding camera and the 4,7'' will not. Since there are no measures this could be the bigger one of the iPhone 6's. It's also makes sense since the bigger one will have more volume so it can be even thinner and therefore requires a protruding camera.
Hopefully in 1-2 months the rear shell will leak.. can not wait till September :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.