Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Once the two week introductory rate is over is that the last time I can get financing for Apple products?

Are there other opportunities?

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I am 30 and finance all big purchases with 0% interest. Never paid a dime of interest in my life and have 800+ credit rating.

I love credit and manage it well.

That being said I would never buy a $3,000 computer without financing.

I just financed a new iMac, mini and Air and will pay them off before I am charged any interest. I am thinking years down the line when its time to upgrade.

Is this my first, last and only change to finance an Apple product with no interest.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Once the two week introductory rate is over is that the last time I can get financing for Apple products?

Don't know about the Barclay's card specifically… but I've found that once the introductory period is over for a product then it's never repeated. The whole point is to get you to start using it. Once they have their hooks in you they don't need special offers, it seems. Barclays - just from what I've read here on MRs - seems to be Apple's card of choice, so it's unlikely that another card will have a similar offer. But that is just guessing on my part.

Gotta say I'd never finance a personal computer.
If I could get 0% financing I would - in a heartbeat. Borrowing money is not an issue - if you manage it well. It's badly managed borrowed money that gets people into trouble. I put virtually everything onto a AirMiles MC. Pay it off each month… I get to earn the interest on my money for an extra month, plus get points. No problems.

Captainobvvious

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
If I could get 0% financing I would - in a heartbeat. Borrowing money is not an issue - if you manage it well. It's badly managed borrowed money that gets people into trouble. I put virtually everything onto a AirMiles MC. Pay it off each month… I get to earn the interest on my money for an extra month, plus get points. No problems.

Same here. I haven't used my bank card in 13 years. I have 3 credit cards all with different rotating cash back offers that change quarterly. I make 100% of my purchases with them and pay it off in full every month. Never paid a late fee or interest and have made literally THOUSANDS ($10k+ at least) over the years in cash back.

Credit is only an evil scary thing if you can't manage it responsibly.

I really hope that there will be another crack at financing sometime down the line. It would be a shame to NEVER be able to finance an Apple product again.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011

I signed into Barclay's website today to download my statement, and there was a pop-up asking if I wanted to be notified of future Apple financing specials - so that implies that there might be some :) but otherwise don't know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.