Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sven071

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Maryland
Ok, I'm going to try and explain the problem the best way I can and maybe a few of you guys can help before I take it in to the Apple Store. 2 nights ago I downloaded this battery optimizer from software update and ever since my laptop has been funkey Applications won't open, it won't fully reboot.......... and other funkey things.......... Anyway... is there any way for me to remove that battery optimizer. All help is welcome :) Thanks

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
Sven071 said:
Ok, I'm going to try and explain the problem the best way I can and maybe a few of you guys can help before I take it in to the Apple Store. 2 nights ago I downloaded this battery optimizer from software update and ever since my laptop has been funkey Applications won't open, it won't fully reboot.......... and other funkey things.......... Anyway... is there any way for me to remove that battery optimizer. All help is welcome :) Thanks

how about you post the link to what you download...

and explain "funkey" in more verbose terms because we cannot read your mind.

Sven071

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Maryland
There is no link... it was an option in Software Update.....
ok well here is what it is doing..... when i reboot, the screen will come up but won't fully load.... that pinwheel thing just spins where the mouse pointer is. I can't select any applications, internet don't work.... and ya.. the hard drive sounds like it constently seeking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.