Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dd293g

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Have a jailbroken phone 7.06 and it just got crushed, i have another jailbroken iphone from a friend that doesnt want his. What do i need to do to swap info from my phone to his. Thanks

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Have a jailbroken phone 7.06 and it just got crushed, i have another jailbroken iphone from a friend that doesnt want his. What do i need to do to swap info from my phone to his. Thanks
What do you mean?

If it's crushed and doesn't work than there's no way to transfer anything from it. I hope you had backups.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Pop your SIM card into his iCloud unlocked iPhone and you should be good to go.
(As an added bonus, have him unregister his iPhone with Apple. So many consumers don't do this when they sell their iPhones...)

dd293g

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Pop your SIM card into his iCloud unlocked iPhone and you should be good to go.
(As an added bonus, have him unregister his iPhone with Apple. So many consumers don't do this when they sell their iPhones...)

Good looks, thank you sir

----------

What do you mean?

If it's crushed and doesn't work than there's no way to transfer anything from it. I hope you had backups.

Not completely crushed, i know have the First Curved iphone, lol still works somewhat

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
If they are the EXACT same phone, you can switch the logic boards and all of your data will be on his phone. Basically like taking the brains if your phone and putting them in the body of his.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.