Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gozar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
Austin, TX
Perhaps I am missing something but I struggle with the answer to why JB my ATV2 based on my use case. I can understand those with large collections of media not in iTunes format or folder and streaming from a NAS or server.

While I do have a Windows Home Server and started out backing up all of my DVDs and BDs to it (fully auto using MyMovies and AnyDVD), my habits have changed and once I have watched something a rarely do again. So I rent instead of buy. I use iTunes Radio (have Match) heavily and it is missing when Jailbroken.

I am seeking enlightenment on what else JB opens up, are there channels like the vast 3rd party Roku ones?

I appreciate any input and directions to good reading.:)

Thanks

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
XBMC or Plex and firecore products like infuse or others
Addons / plugins such as IceFilms Navi-x when they get their new servers up again and many many more ;)
Not saying the ATV2 is the best for this, as it is not, there are many devices supported by both xbmc & plex. It just enriches the atv2 experience

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.