Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I've noticed that sometimes I can't close a window or tab by clicking on it with the cursor. It doesn't matter if I click or tap (both are enabled), nothing happens. The program isn't frozen, I can use Command + W to immediately close the window or tab. If I switch windows and attempt to use the cursor again, it will generally work and close the window/tab.

My trackpad is not broken - I have no other problems with it, and the "tap to click" functionality should allow normal clicking functionality even with a defective trackpad.

Does anyone have this problem? It's not really a significant problem, but it sometimes gets annoying.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I've noticed that sometimes I can't close a window or tab by clicking on it with the cursor. It doesn't matter if I click or tap (both are enabled), nothing happens. The program isn't frozen, I can use Command + W to immediately close the window or tab. If I switch windows and attempt to use the cursor again, it will generally work and close the window/tab.

My trackpad is not broken - I have no other problems with it, and the "tap to click" functionality should allow normal clicking functionality even with a defective trackpad.

Does anyone have this problem? It's not really a significant problem, but it sometimes gets annoying.

It's a bug in OS X. I have this problem on all my Macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.