Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:27 PM   #1
native00
macrumors regular

Mini that wont charge

I help a co-workers son with tranferring his songs to his mini every now and then. Today, I asked how he was doing with it, and she replied that it didn't work anymore. I told her to bring it by and that I would look at it, possibly needing to reset it.

She replied that they had taken it to the apple store and that they couldn't fix it (I know - doesn't sound good). The problem is that the iPod won't hold/take a charge because he left his backlight on. I thought this sounded odd and was wondering what some of you thought.
native00 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:35 PM   #2
cgratti
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to cgratti
Quote:
Originally Posted by native00
I help a co-workers son with tranferring his songs to his mini every now and then. Today, I asked how he was doing with it, and she replied that it didn't work anymore. I told her to bring it by and that I would look at it, possibly needing to reset it.

She replied that they had taken it to the apple store and that they couldn't fix it (I know - doesn't sound good). The problem is that the iPod won't hold/take a charge because he left his backlight on. I thought this sounded odd and was wondering what some of you thought.
I had the same problem, I had to send it in to Apple and they fixed it. Don't know what they did, but whatever it works fine now.

Try looking here: http://www.methodshop.com/mp3/articl...dSupport.shtml
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:39 PM   #3
Blind Buzzard
macrumors member

Does it work when plugged directly into the Mac/PC? If so it may just be the battery, and I know that it can be less expensive to take care of that yourself. (I replaced my own Mini's battery once already and it was cheap and very easy.)

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10165_7-5643378-1.html

If it doesn't work when plugged into the Computer then it's probably the HD and it may be easiest just to upgrade to a Nano.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod