Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soton Speed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
UK
Whilst I believe that I know how to install RAM (*touches wood*) I have been unable to get the lid off the computer as it were! The cover on the bottom is secured by a single Philips screw that has so far resisted all attempts to loosen it and has started to burr at the edges. As I don't wish to be unable to install the RAM what does the 'panel' suggest as the course of action?

A number of different screw drivers have been used but methinks the technician in the factory was a little over-zealous in tightening it up!

Cheers,

S.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
Soton Speed said:
Whilst I believe that I know how to install RAM (*touches wood*) I have been unable to get the lid off the computer as it were! The cover on the bottom is secured by a single Philips screw that has so far resisted all attempts to loosen it and has started to burr at the edges. As I don't wish to be unable to install the RAM what does the 'panel' suggest as the course of action?

A number of different screw drivers have been used but methinks the technician in the factory was a little over-zealous in tightening it up!

Cheers,

S.
i deal with apple computers everyday at my coop and I understand what your talking about, try pushing down! fairly hard then turning with much force, once you get it lose then it simple screws out... it should work...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.