Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hitch08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
I decided to switch my "iTunes and App Store" ID to my XXXX@me.com account (which is what I use for iCloud). I was previously using one account for iTunes and another account for iCloud.

I have now been through the 90 period of no auto downloads. The only issue that I now have is that I can't to do in-app purchases for a game that I play. The message says "Unable to Purchase - This item is for an app that was purchased by a different Apply ID. To buy this item with this Apple ID, you must first purchase the app."

The game is free. I've tried to re-download the app, but it won't let me unless I delete it first. If I delete it, I understand that I will lose all of my progress.

Aside from the thought that I just shouldn't do in-app purchases, does anyone have any suggestions for me? I haven't been able to find a solution on-line, except to call Apple. I called and the only option was to delete it and start over. Well, I could switch back and forth, but that would create the 90 issue each time.

I appreciate any help.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I decided to switch my "iTunes and App Store" ID to my XXXX@me.com account (which is what I use for iCloud). I was previously using one account for iTunes and another account for iCloud.

I have now been through the 90 period of no auto downloads. The only issue that I now have is that I can't to do in-app purchases for a game that I play. The message says "Unable to Purchase - This item is for an app that was purchased by a different Apply ID. To buy this item with this Apple ID, you must first purchase the app."

The game is free. I've tried to re-download the app, but it won't let me unless I delete it first. If I delete it, I understand that I will lose all of my progress.

Aside from the thought that I just shouldn't do in-app purchases, does anyone have any suggestions for me? I haven't been able to find a solution on-line, except to call Apple. I called and the only option was to delete it and start over. Well, I could switch back and forth, but that would create the 90 issue each time.

I appreciate any help.
You can't make IAP purchases with an app that was purchased under a different ID when you are signed into another ID. They do this to prevent fraud. You will have to download or buy the app on the new ID to buy IAP using the new ID.

Hitch08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
You can't make IAP purchases with an app that was purchased under a different ID when you are signed into another ID. They do this to prevent fraud. You will have to download or buy the app on the new ID to buy IAP using the new ID.

The app itself is free. It's Clash of Clans.

If I go to Clash of Clans in the App Store, it just says "Open." I can't re-download the game. If I delete the game, I understand that I will lose all of my progress.

Is there a way to save my progress and get the app under my new ID?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
The app itself is free. It's Clash of Clans.

If I go to Clash of Clans in the App Store, it just says "Open." I can't re-download the game. If I delete the game, I understand that I will lose all of my progress.

Is there a way to save my progress and get the app under my new ID?

Make a backup in iTunes. Delete the app. Download the app in the new ID. Restore backup from iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.