Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
According to famous Chinese Apple Website, WeiPhone, iOS 7.1.2 might coming this month to fix battery problem, bugs bricked users' iPhone, Settings app crash.

The article said, battery related app had exploded in Apple's App Store, due to battery life problem. iOS 7.1.1 was intended to fix battery problem, but apparently it did not quite do the job.

If you know Chinese, this is the article: http://www.feng.com/apple/news/2014..._life_applications_App_Store_now_583861.shtml

Here is article translated to English using Google Translator:

Apple released iOS 7.1.1 last month , and there are a number of users complained that the new firmware after this one is still no improvement equipment life issues , life among the number of applications on the App Store beginning was the explosive growth . iOS 7.1.1 release 7.1 system was intended to improve endurance had bad problems reported by users , but it still has not been effectively addressed.

It is understood that in the past week in , App Store and the emergence of a large number of life -related applications , which include battery usage of search equipment , guidance how to avoid the use of excessive power consumption , etc., which are included free of charge . For iOS 7.1.1 affect battery life issues currently on the Apple support forum users have to say , and Apple today also have noticed and said it will be resolved quickly .

In addition to battery life , iOS 7.1.1 , there are still allows the device brick , set the application will still be available updates and other system bug. Informed sources said that in order to further iOS 7.1.2 which fixes various bug, Apple will bring iOS 7.1.2 update this month .

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
According to famous Chinese Apple Website, WeiPhone, iOS 7.1.2 might coming this month to fix battery problem, bugs bricked users' iPhone, Settings app crash.

The article said, battery related app had exploded in Apple's App Store, due to battery life problem. iOS 7.1.1 was intended to fix battery problem, but apparently it did not quite do the job.

If you know Chinese, this is the article: http://www.feng.com/apple/news/2014..._life_applications_App_Store_now_583861.shtml

More nonsense.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
What no sense? Just share an information...it might be true... Some people are complaining about poor battery life...

Well, I wouldn't doubt that you are right. It wouldn't be crazy for a minor iOS point update to be released within the next few weeks, but not necessarily for the reasons you describe. People have been complaining about poor battery life in every iOS version since the original iPhone came out. And throughout the years, things haven't changed- a majority of iPhone users have perfectly good battery life, and a small yet fluctuating subset of users experience issues. So maybe a future version of iOS will fix things for certain people, but poor battery life is, as always, experienced by a small minority.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
What no sense? Just share an information...it might be true... Some people are complaining about poor battery life...

Yep my Wife is complaining about it and she hasn't complained about battery life ever and she's had the 4, 4S and now the 5.

I'm seeing big drops in the battery on my 5, yesterday it went from 44% to 32% in minutes and i was only deleting emails.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
7.1.1 wasn't meant to fix any battery issues, and none have been acknowledged by Apple to be fixed anyway. And what's with some "explosion" related to 7.1.1 update? None of this seems more than just some sort of ranting of some sort.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
7.1.1 wasn't meant to fix any battery issues, and none have been acknowledged by Apple to be fixed anyway. And what's with some "explosion" related to 7.1.1 update? None of this seems more than just some sort of ranting of some sort.

I remember a few months ago that a user in China was electrocuted to death by an iPhone Charger and everyone was pointing fingers at Apple.

An investigation later revealed the user was using a Cheap, NON-Apple charger.

As a act of good faith Apple offered to give users authentic Apple chargers in exchange for the cheap knock-offs they would turn in for $10.00

So I won't believe any "exploding battery" claims without an official investigation.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Well, I wouldn't doubt that you are right. It wouldn't be crazy for a minor iOS point update to be released within the next few weeks, but not necessarily for the reasons you describe. People have been complaining about poor battery life in every iOS version since the original iPhone came out. And throughout the years, things haven't changed- a majority of iPhone users have perfectly good battery life, and a small yet fluctuating subset of users experience issues. So maybe a future version of iOS will fix things for certain people, but poor battery life is, as always, experienced by a small minority.

Perhaps you can enlighten us about the source of your information that the majority are perfectly happy with battery life and a small minority have this problem.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Perhaps you can enlighten us about the source of your information that the majority are perfectly happy with battery life and a small minority have this problem.

I don't have a source, as there are no polls or anything similar to verify such information. A news article about satisfied customers doesn't get many clicks, anyways. But there are also no sources claiming that the majority of people on 7.1.1 have issues- which is something that would absolutely be newsworthy.

DHFrame

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2009
100% Battery life will always be subject to debate. That goes without saying. This particular problem though, and I would say at least 100 - 200 iPhone users are reporting it, and that's just the ones I know about that could be bothered, it's very bad, 60% I'm fed up of talking about and I must have written this 100 times already, but, my phone goes from 100% to 30% in an hour, dies, when plugged back in jumps to 60% instantly and the loop begins. My phone is currently in a 35% state of complete shutdown in terms of elements that uses battery - Fetch, data, notifications, airplane when possible, vibrate off - You name it - I'm doing it and still I am performing a decent 1 hour usage 10% before it dies.

This isn't just any old battery debate. Something 6% is very wrong, and it went wrong the moment I hit the update button on 7.1.1.

The solution - Make available the option to at least roll back to an earlier update. It's too closed - Too clinical. And now I am waiting. Waiting and you kn {{USER OFFLINE DUE TO BATTERY FAILURE}}

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

Well to put it out there folks have said "iOS x, iOS x.x, and iOS x.x.x (every version since iOS 1) has caused more battery drain than the one before. If this were true then they would have negative usage at his point and have to walk around with a long drop cord plugged in. If each revision causes worse battery than the one before that is. So by default its a minority (most folks that I know do not have to walk around with a drop cord and charger). You can search any iOS version you want and you will find multiple discussions that "it caused batter drain" for somebody. Only a few revisions has actually Apple confirmed that something in iOS was causing battery issues. Only like 2 that I can remember right off top of head. The majority of battery issues are from certain apps causing issues with a new iOS version, got hung or the update process itself went haywire for whatever reason. The actual underlying iOS it typically not the cause. (again except for a few confirmed by Apple)

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
They must patch the Mail encryption bug so I don't think this is far from reality.

Damn, even Ryan Petrich released a patch in Cydia... C'mon, Apple!

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

I'm happy with my battery life, and no I do no have anything turned off except for background refresh, simply because I do not think I need it.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm happy with my battery life, and no I do no have anything turned off except for background refresh, simply because I do not think I need it.

Finally someone who gets it. :D

Apple did all its battery testing with everything turned on. I still can't seem to get that through to people that they dont need to turn everything off to get good battery life.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Finally someone who gets it. :D

Apple did all its battery testing with everything turned on. I still can't seem to get that through to people that they dont need to turn everything off to get good battery life.
In general most don't, but in some circumstances some might (at least some things if not more), perhaps at least to see if there's something contributing to some issues they might be having.

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
Strange that still no news about 7.1.2, knowing that there are email and lockscreen security issues. Not talking about minor UI glitches

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
My iPhone 5, iPhone 4 and iPad 2 experienced a noticeable degradation of battery life with 7.1. Friends and family saw the same thing with a combination of iPad 2,3,4, Air and iPhones 4,4S,5 and 5S.

alexander2020

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2014
time running out

Hope they patch it up for good this time around, we are loosing it and they are loosing us.
Love the phone, but will demand the value for my hard earned money.
:rolleyes:

Gyptians

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
MN
7.1.2 Update Fix Would Be Appreciated

Sorry Apple apologists, as a longtime Apple fan and customer, I can tell you that remarkable battery drain and WiFi connectivity issues are related to the 7.1.1 update that was, in fact, supposed to correct battery drain issues related to the 7.1 update.

Apparently "many" of those who updated via iTunes are not experiencing these issues, while "many" of those who updated wirelessly are experiencing them. As an iPad Air owner who updated wirelessly, I can tell you that the issues are real.

Please do your research before you comment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.