Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alvaroe16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
I found this video and I just wanted to share it. This is a jailbreak app that makes your Ipad operating system (iOS) work like OSX. IT has multiple desktops, and multiple apps per desktop.

It is too bad that I don't jailbreak my devices, but this looks pretty cool. I wonder if we could ever expect something like this from apple... given that everyone seems to hint towards a morphing of OS with iOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFyAqj1eog

What do you think?

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
I found this video and I just wanted to share it. This is a jailbreak app that makes your Ipad operating system (iOS) work like OSX. IT has multiple desktops, and multiple apps per desktop.

It is too bad that I don't jailbreak my devices, but this looks pretty cool. I wonder if we could ever expect something like this from apple... given that everyone seems to hint towards a morphing of OS with iOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFyAqj1eog

What do you think?

Been (being) discussed over here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1724497/

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Personally, I'm not interested in having multiple small windows open on my iPad. They look too small to be of much use. Even on the 13 inch MacBook Air, I find myself using most apps full screen.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

It is too bad that I don't jailbreak my devices, but this looks pretty cool.

You should consider JB'ing. It opens an entirely new dimension of usability. With JB'ing and tools like this or f.lux, iOS becomes pretty powerful making the platform pretty much on par with custom (multiwindow etc.) Androids running on high-end Android platforms or Windows Pro.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
You should consider JB'ing. It opens an entirely new dimension of usability. With JB'ing and tools like this or f.lux, iOS becomes pretty powerful making the platform pretty much on par with custom (multiwindow etc.) Androids running on high-end Android platforms or Windows Pro.

Agreed. How has OSE been treated you so far?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Agreed. How has OSE been treated you so far?

Great. I, nevertheless, miss some kind of an "easy" mode - the way Quasar worked. It just takes too many taps to get all my apps shown on the same desktop, all windowed. Also, homescreen Web shortcuts (which I very frequently use) don't work either.

This is why I currently disabled it and only enable when I need genuine multitasking.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Great. I, nevertheless, miss some kind of an "easy" mode - the way Quasar worked. It just takes too many taps to get all my apps shown on the same desktop, all windowed. Also, homescreen Web shortcuts (which I very frequently use) don't work either.

This is why I currently disabled it and only enable when I need genuine multitasking.

Not sure what you mean about too many taps, all you'll have do is press the home button to get to all your apps.

I've been using it for awhile now, and I like it a lot. It's more about using the four-finger gestures. And I rarely use an additional desktop, but it's a nice feature nonetheless.

Out of all the great things about this tweak, their are two annoyances... First i am unable to recieve notification banners & there are occasions that the Messages app silenced the keyboard clicks inside that app.

Have you had experienced those 2 bugs? I have BiteSMS, maybe it's a an issue with that.

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
Do you guys know why the springboard background is blurry? I love my wall paper but when I have this tweak on, I can't see it even when I'm on the springboard. I also have it disabled and only turn it on when I want to use it.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Do you guys know why the springboard background is blurry? I love my wall paper but when I have this tweak on, I can't see it even when I'm on the springboard. I also have it disabled and only turn it on when I want to use it.

Not sure what you mean by blurry springboard?

Single pressing the home button shows rest of the apps. But this tweak operates as a Mac.. Similar to Launchpad on the Mac, the background is blurry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.