Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluemonkeyguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
I'm already an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber and was wondering if I should drop the $300 on FCPX, when I already have PremCC, to better my workflow. Media, forums, and blog articles make it that FCP and the nMP were created for each other.

With the new update for PremCC to use both GPUs, performance to me seems to be the same. The only thing is I'm curious about is workflow. Media bias makes it that FCP is much easier to work with. I would like to use FCP for quick and easy general compositing and then PremCC for more complex composites.

Do you think I really need FCP? If not, should I just put my efforts on PremCC and get over it? Your thoughts on FCPX and PremCC workflow on the nMP.

Baytriple

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
nMP Premiere CC and FCPX Workflow

http://www.apple.com/uk/final-cut-pro/trial/

Why not try it out. If you can use iMovie, you can basically use FCPX. I have used the 10.1 version and find it pleasurable to use. I'm learning to use Premiere pro CC via Lynda.com as it's supposed to be more "pro" or what professionals would use for editing. I use indesign, illustrator and photoshop for work, so am happy with adobe but do enjoy using FCPX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.