Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vinamra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I got 4 app updates today and as soon as I clicked the update button, the App Store app popped up with the following message:

"Update Unavailable with this Apple ID - This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

I have always used a single Apple ID and this phone (5S) was bought new and have never had this problem in the past. Things I've tried so far:

1. Sign out and Sign in of the the App Store through the phone's settings.
  2. Change password and sign in again.
  3. Delete and reinstall the causing the problem.
  4. Install from iTunes.

Nothing has worked. I did search about this on the internet and Apple's forums suggest that its not only me who's facing this problem, others are also sailing in the same boat. I guess its safe to assume that the problem is at Apple's end. Are others in this forum also facing similar issues? If yes, have you been able to find any fix? Thanks.

Last edited:

iamimaz

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2014
I'm also having the same problem since this morning, if you find a solution- please let me know...

teatang

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
Klagenfurt, Austria
Same problem here.
My account had several credit cards and I even changed the store location to match the credit card bank location. Anyone with a similar background?

Still not working, and I'd be VERY pissed off if they suddenly decide to cancel my applications.

geromehe

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2014
Same here...

I received my replacement iPad today and same thing... I Cant download Facebook, Amazon... On hold with Apple for 35 minutes now. They dont seem to know what is going on.

Vinamra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Its resolved for me. Giving it a night was the only solution. I tried updating before going to sleep but it was giving the same error. However, tried it in the morning and it updated the apps. So the only solution is, have patience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.