Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old May 8, 2014, 07:41 AM   #1
Vinamra
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Vinamra
Update Unavailable with this Apple ID error

I got 4 app updates today and as soon as I clicked the update button, the App Store app popped up with the following message:

"Update Unavailable with this Apple ID - This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

I have always used a single Apple ID and this phone (5S) was bought new and have never had this problem in the past. Things I've tried so far:
  1. Sign out and Sign in of the the App Store through the phone's settings.
  2. Change password and sign in again.
  3. Delete and reinstall the causing the problem.
  4. Install from iTunes.

Nothing has worked. I did search about this on the internet and Apple's forums suggest that its not only me who's facing this problem, others are also sailing in the same boat. I guess its safe to assume that the problem is at Apple's end. Are others in this forum also facing similar issues? If yes, have you been able to find any fix? Thanks.

Last edited by Vinamra; May 9, 2014 at 01:10 AM.
Vinamra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 09:25 AM   #2
iamimaz
macrumors newbie

I'm also having the same problem since this morning, if you find a solution- please let me know...
iamimaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 09:32 AM   #3
teatang
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to teatang
Same problem here.
My account had several credit cards and I even changed the store location to match the credit card bank location. Anyone with a similar background?

Still not working, and I'd be VERY pissed off if they suddenly decide to cancel my applications.
teatang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 10:17 AM   #4
geromehe
macrumors newbie

Angry Same here...

I received my replacement iPad today and same thing... I Cant download Facebook, Amazon... On hold with Apple for 35 minutes now. They dont seem to know what is going on.
geromehe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 12:09 PM   #5
C DM
macrumors G3

Looks like this might be more of a widespread issue: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/05/08/...s-app-updates/
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2014, 03:19 PM   #6
Vinamra
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Vinamra
Its resolved for me. Giving it a night was the only solution. I tried updating before going to sleep but it was giving the same error. However, tried it in the morning and it updated the apps. So the only solution is, have patience.
Old May 8, 2014, 04:23 PM   #7
teatang
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to teatang
Thumbs up

Solved for me as well
teatang is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7