Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Gamelofts Modern Combat 5: Blackout is inching closer to release on IOS, Android and Windows Phone. Unlike previous versions though, Blackout is unifying single and multiplayer and bringing forth, four classes of soldiers you choose from.
What does this mean, unifying single and multiplayer modes? Well, if you prefer single player mode and you make it to level 10 and have certain skills and weapons, your character will keep its level, skills and weapons of you switch to multiplayer mode. No starting over from scratch.
What are the four classes of warrior? The Assault class is a medium range fighter that uses assault rifles and pistols. The Heavy, a resilient close-to-medium range class, equips shotguns and RPGs. The Recon class focuses on quick strikes at close range using submachine guns and pistols. Finally, the Sniper class specializes in long-range sharpshooting with sniper rifles, though they can use pistols if they need to.

Modern Combat 5 will also allow for external controller support, something sorely lacking in IOS, and something you really need to play games like this. For Windows phone and Android, Moga support is built in, and for rooted Android users Xbox and PS3/4 controllers can be used with the SixAxis app. I have a Moga Power Pro and it works perfectly with WP8.1 on my 1520.

The following is confirmed info from Gameloft:

Gameloft managers have decided voice chat will not be included with Modern Combat 5, and most likely will never be included.
Modern Combat 5 will not be cross-platform, meaning players on iOS, Android, and other platforms cannot play with each other on multiplayer.
It's also confirmed that weapons with real names are coming, confirmed by multiple screenshots. Making this a first since Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus.
It's been confirmed that Modern Combat 5 will come to Windows Phone/Windows 8.

modern-combat-5-08-535x535.png

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Best played with a Moga Power Pro controller if you aren't rooted. Gives that real console game feel, especially on tablets.

I am rooted but only have a Nexus 5 and no consoles to use their controllers. I guess I could borrow a friends PS3 controller if this game is worth it maybe even buy one after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.