Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Both. That is why I got an rMBP with a dedicated GPU. A few days ago i imported 56,0002 images into Aperture in one batch. No problem.

With luck at WWDC Apple will be announcing many things. One of those just may be when Aperture 4 or X will be released. The capabilities and requirements for that new release could drive your next purchase.

http://archive.bagelturf.com/aparticles/tips/tipperf/

garycurtis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Did I sabotage myself by getting this configuration? Things seem to move along briskly in Aperture, even with the NIK plug-ins operating,

Attachments

• About this Mac.png
    About this Mac.png
    89 KB · Views: 68

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Did I sabotage myself by getting this configuration? Things seem to move along briskly in Aperture, even with the NIK plug-ins operating,

I'm using Aperture on a 2013 MBA with the integrated Intel 5000 graphics and have zero performance issues with Aperture. Your iMac with a more powerful CPU and GPU both should be even better than my setup. You will be fine.

garycurtis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Yeah. I am not a hardware junkie, and am satisfied. And I certainly don't have envy for the folks who boast of 32Gb of RAM. Thanks

But in matters concerning Aperture, there is an information vacuum. Only three books are published on the software. And no news from Apple about forthcoming revisions of v3.xx.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
But in matters concerning Aperture, there is an information vacuum. Only three books are published on the software. And no news from Apple about forthcoming revisions of v3.xx.

I got this book and was happy with it. Covered all the basics of Aperture pretty well.

Wait for WWDC on June 2. 3 weeks and 2 days....and counting. :D

I hope you are right. I am getting concerned Apple has abandoned us Aperture users. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.