Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pellis3094

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2014
Hello everyone,
I had an absolute shocker and spilt some water on my macbook pro late 2010 addition.

However the laptop itself turns on fine, charges normally, the light under the keyboard is on and the trackpad works fine. Just the keyboard itself unfortunately doesn't want to work.. Occasionally a few keys will work, but thats about it.

I basically want to get rid of it as I have recently purchased a new mac.
Could someone possibly lead me in the right direction as to where to sell my laptop and for how much it'll go for? Or would it be a better option to get the laptop repaired and then sell it on? Either way I'm not actually bothered as long as I get a reasonable sum for the laptop.

Thank you very much,

Paris:)

melburstein

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2012
EBay or Craigslist

Hello everyone,
I had an absolute shocker and spilt some water on my macbook pro late 2010 addition.

However the laptop itself turns on fine, charges normally, the light under the keyboard is on and the trackpad works fine. Just the keyboard itself unfortunately doesn't want to work.. Occasionally a few keys will work, but thats about it.

I basically want to get rid of it as I have recently purchased a new mac.
Could someone possibly lead me in the right direction as to where to sell my laptop and for how much it'll go for? Or would it be a better option to get the laptop repaired and then sell it on? Either way I'm not actually bothered as long as I get a reasonable sum for the laptop.

Thank you very much,

Paris:)

Keyboards are relatively expensive and also available from third parties like Logitech. Then sell it online. Include a full disclosure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.