Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asencif

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
My PM G5 is no longer turning on at all as of this morning. It went to sleep last night and was off when I woke up. When I tried to turn it on, the light would just flash and nothing would happen. No fans spinning, no hard drive running...Nada. Unplugged everything for 10 minutes then just started it with nothing but the keyboard....Still nothing. Spoke with the store and they said if the problem can be reproduced then I can probably get a refund. Is it Intel iMac time? Photoshop test from someone were very good. Ideas?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If it has died completely after one week then I wouldn't hesitate getting it refunded. There are steps we could go through to try and troubleshoot the problem but they're probably more work than they're worth. Let Apple deal with it and get a new Mac. :)

asencif

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Yeah I have been reading stories from Apple discussion boards of parts having to be ordered and taking almost two weeks. Definitely not worth getting it repaired...Since it's only been 7 days either a replacement or exchange to iMac and refund difference seems cool for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.