Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garoolgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Correction to my Post

Hi again,
What I meant to say was delete EVERYTHING in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
If this is possible, would recurring events (eg. birthdays and things to do every x often) keep recurring this year and in the future if they were created in a year to be deleted?
I've started deleting on January 2009 but it's a hell of a job deleting events day by day and with 4 years to do..........

The following is so that you younger fellows can have a laugh!
Add to this eventual deleting job, my address book comes (indirectly) from I can't remember what even before my Tungsten (many years ago) and I'm still working on copying telephone numbers and addresses to where they should be in "Address Book" so that my iPhone can use them directly. Back in those days I had lists of contractors for example filed under their specialty/trade and sometimes the Boss's name or Company Name as an entry with employees/departments and their telephone numbers in what has become Notes. Now that I'm retired and don't use most of my contacts any more (but you never know....) I reserve these "modification jobs" for when I'm in a plane or on a train! You can now have a good guess at what that old fellow over the aisle is so busy doing when you're traveling!!
Garoolgan

Hi,

Is there any way to delete old events in iCal?

For example I would like to delete anything in 2009, 2010 and 2012 ?

Thanks

Garoolgan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.