Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I am interested in getting the iWork 06 because Apple improved Keynote. I use my Mac for graphic works (brochures, flyers, and others). But, my work PC and work environment is PC centric. Can someone comment on the compatability between Keynote 06 and MS PowerPoint? I know there are add on program for PowerPoint to make it much slicker (without overwhelming the presentation with too much eye candies). But, I am confortable with Mac platform and I am thinking about using Keynote for my next quarterly sales meeting.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
ipacmm said:
you can save the keynote files in the powerpoint format and they will open in powerpoint on your windows computer.
How about those new slide transitions Keynote 3 include? I think some of the slide transitions are not available with PowerPoint.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
YS2003 said:
How about those new slide transitions Keynote 3 include? I think some of the slide transitions are not available with PowerPoint.

Yeah, you're right. I haven't used Keynote 3 yet, but I know that when I exported to PP from Keynote 2, it would work ok, but many of the transitions were not available, and it just defaulted to the closest PP transition/effects (many of which are much choppier than the Keynote counterparts.) Maybe you could get a Mac laptop from which to give the presentation?

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The new transitions in Keynote 3 are awesome, especially the doorway and reflection effects. I've got a couple of presentations coming up in the next two weeks and can't wait to use them. You'll find nothing like this in PowerPoint, which is why the imports from Keynote to PP are less than perfect.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Basic text slides or slides with static text/graphics convert just fine. Any significant animations, timings, effects, etc., don't really convert all that well. Movies are also problematic (but always are in PowerPoint anyway).

And that all goes for both Keynote to PowerPoint and PowerPoint to Keynote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.