Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zoefulton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2013
So I am working with a macbook mid 2007 I installed windows 7 home premium 64 bit on it. I cannot burn dvds on this laptop, for whatever reason. I am trying to find the correct bootcamp support software now without the help of bootcamp assistant since I cannot burn it to a dvd and do not have a usb stick handy. 4.0.4033 doesn't seem to be the correct one as it will not allow me to install it once I download and extract while running windows. It gives me some error about this being the wrong system. I'm very confused.

comda

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Greetings!

Sadly according to apple, this machine can only run 32bit windows. The System itself is able to support 64bit as i too have the same machine. The Macbook 3,1 running snow leopard and win 7 HP. I did install 64bit win 7 at first but the computer didnt really like it. The drivers and support software for bootcamp found on the snow leopard DVD was only 32bit so half of my drivers were not working properly.

I too tried to find software that worked but no avail for me.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I don't think 64bit will work properly under bootcamp. I could be wrong though. Try installing the 32bit version just to be sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.