Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maybach2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2014
Hey guys so i use bootcamp to install and partion the hard and then get onto the windows 8.1 installer. Everything goes well till i get to the hard drive point were i format the BOOTCAMP hard drive. it still has the error at the bottom saying

" Windows Cannont be instaled onto this disk. The Selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systeams, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks. Windows cannon be installed to this disk.
The computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disks controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu."

I have a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro UNI BODY. with a 500GB hard drive.

Thanks..

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Hey guys so i use bootcamp to install and partion the hard and then get onto the windows 8.1 installer. Everything goes well till i get to the hard drive point were i format the BOOTCAMP hard drive. it still has the error at the bottom saying

" Windows Cannont be instaled onto this disk. The Selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systeams, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks. Windows cannon be installed to this disk.
The computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disks controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu."

I have a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro UNI BODY. with a 500GB hard drive.

Thanks..

click on the drive you want to install windows on, then click another button and then you'll be able to re-format that drive.

Also, youtube "bootcamp mac" and there's a lot of poeple who do it step by step

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.