Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turpix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2014
Hey guys, this is going to be my 1st and most likely my only post on these forums, but I was hoping I could get some help.

My Sister wants to buy my old Macbook from me and I have no idea how much it is worth.

Here are the Specs;

MacBook 13 Inch Mid 2007
Processor - 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory - 2Gb 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics - Intel GMA 950 64MB
Software - Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

The Macbook is in very good condition. As I am going to be selling to a family member an estimate price is fine, and I will sell for it for cheap.

So does anyone have a rough estimate on how much it is worth?

Thanks!:)

mad3inch1na

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
250$ is a fair price if it is in good condition. Check out Completed/Sold listings on ebay for your specific model, and that will give you a pretty good idea.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Don't be stingy. Give it to your sister for free.

This. That is what I often do with my old electonics when upgrading. Really, a computer of that age is worth very little. If it still has the original battery then that is a big minus - the battery in my 2008 MBP just died a couple months ago. Your sister will not be very happy if she pays you $250 and then needs to spend over $100 on a replacement battery in a few months.

Personally I wouldn't pay anything like $250 for such a machine and wouldn't dream of charging a family member that much. If you really MUST sell it to her (if she insists on paying, for example), maybe ask for $100. Even then, I would think twice. A computer of that age is going to have problems. And when it does, it's going to place a strain on your relationship if she paid you for it.

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
$200 would be the low end, judging by prices on Amazon. $300 would be the max I'd pay, and that's if it's in pretty much new condition. $250 is probably a reasonable price.

I agree with the others though. Family members get my old laptops for free. I try to keep family and money as separate as possible.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
They average about $180 on eBay sold listings. While there are some that went for more, they are from a company that provides a warranty on them.

I agree with the others - just give it to her - she'll need a new battery unless you've recently replaced it, and a new hard drive sooner rather than later (again, unless you've recently replaced it).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.