Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dubois

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Hey all,

Yesterday (at 13:01, 13/05/2014 to be precise), I ordered a refurbished Macbook Air from the Apple Online Store. At around five o'clock the same day, I received a telephone call asking to confirm the order along with some details.

I was under the impression that the product would have been dispatched 24hours from confirming the order, but it has passed that and it is still "preparing for dispatch" on Apple's order page.

Being that this is the first apple product I have purchased online, I'm wondering whether this is ordinary? It has an expected delivery date of 15/05/2014, but I'm a bit sceptical about it actually being received tomorrow due to not yet being dispatched.

If anyone could help out in any way, it would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Why not just wait until tomorrow and see what happens? :)

My experience with the Apple Store is that they ship things very quickly, I often get them before they were promised. But a few months ago I ordered a case for my new iPhone 5s. When it got two days beyond the expected delivery date and the tracking number was showing something ambiguous, I called customer support.

The very nice lady checked and determined that something went wrong at the warehouse and the case never shipped, so she had another one sent right out with Fedex first service. She then asked if there was anything else she could do. I thanked her, but said I was a bit disappointed because I could have bought a case locally but went to apple because their service was always so good in the past.

She asked me to wait a minute, then came back and asked if a $25 credit would make me happy. It sure did - I ended up only paying $5 for a $30 case and got it two days later than originally promised.

Anyway, if they don't meet the promised delivery date maybe it will actually be your lucky day and they will knock a little off the cost if you complain. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.