Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:31 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Disable the iTunes MiniStore

Category: Tips and How To's
Link: Disable the iTunes MiniStore
Description:: The recent iTunes 6.0.2 update added a feature to the popular music player. When you go to your library, you see a “MiniStore” at the bottom of the window. The MiniStore Apple says, “allows you to discover new music as you enjoy your collection or import new CDs with MiniStore — right from your iTunes library.”

This is easily removed either by clicking the MiniStore button in the bottom-right section of the iTunes window, or by selecting Edit > Hide MiniStore.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:30 PM   #2
shadowfax
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to shadowfax
there's also a little button along the bottom of the main window--it's the leftmost icon along the bottom, just to the left of the EQ settings button. Unless you have Airtunes, then it's just to the right of it.

It's just a little icon with a bar along the top and a down arrow (to hide) or an up arrow (to show), depending on the state of the mini-store.

If I may also say, what an annoyingly hard-figure-out-how-to-remove feature. they shouldn't have set it to auto-on.
shadowfax is offline   0
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:54 PM   #3
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

Yeah, the original post talked about that button.

And, my 2 cents is this: why is it so hard? It's in the edit menu, where they also keep Browser and Artwork.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:18 PM   #4
WildCowboy
Administrator/Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstreetmark
And, my 2 cents is this: why is it so hard? It's in the edit menu, where they also keep Browser and Artwork.
A lot of people seem to be looking for the option in Preferences instead of the Edit menu...I agree with Apple's placement. Preferences are for things you don't change very often...once you set them, you're usually good to go. I can definitely see how turning the MiniStore on and off frequently might be desirable. You can keep it off most of the time, but if you want to access the info it provides, you can quickly toggle it on.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 01:22 PM   #5
~Shard~
macrumors P6

Send a message via Skype™ to ~Shard~
cmd-shift-m will also do the trick.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion