Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old May 14, 2014, 11:08 PM   #1
iBlazed
macrumors 6502a

Apparently, the U.S. Government Will Be Overthrown. On Friday.

OMG....aren't these little "militiamen" absolutely ADORABLE???

Quote:
This way the revolutionary cosplayers involved will still have the weekend, you know, to party.
Yes, this Friday, a group called Operation American Spring (OAS) plans to converge on Washington, DC and to overthrow both the Democratic and Republican political leadership, including President Obama, Majority Leader Harry Reid, Speaker John Boehner and Attorney General Eric Holder. Here’s a list of some of the crazy things OAS and its leader, Army Colonel Harry Riley (retired), are attempting to achieve:
–10 to 30 million protesters to mirror the crowds in Egypt, which, by the way, turned out really well. Yeah, okay. Drop “million” from that number and there you go.
–They plan to have a simultaneous protest in, you guessed it, Bunkerville, NV, in solidarity with scofflaw rancher (and the old man who knows something about the negro), Cliven Bundy.
–They intend to urge all of the non-deposed political leaders to dissolve the government by two-thirds its current size. Specifically, “West, Cruz, Dr. Ben Carson, Lee, DeMint, Paul, Gov Walker, Sessions, Gowdy” will assume leadership positions in the new government. I’m not sure if they realize that Allen West and Jim DeMint aren’t members of Congress anymore, but okay.
–The movement will seek to institute — wait for it — nullification in the states to overturn all federal taxes, including “employment taxes, employer taxes and income taxes.” Nullification always seems to pop up with these people. Their true Confederate roots are showing.
–Colonel Riley denounced the use of violence, so there’s that. The first “Rule of Engagement” on the OAS website is, admirably: “(1) No weapons. No ammunition. The Communist forces that control Washington DC do not recognize the 2nd Amendment and have banned all weapons and ammunition from the district.” However, if you recall, his supporters on right-wing radio think the military should stage a coup. But Colonel Riley believes the event will be “non-violent, unarmed, peaceful.” Does anyone seriously believe these people won’t be armed?
–Speaking of armed conflict, the OAS website warned, “Will this be a cake-walk? No, it will be painful, and some people may die because the government will not be non-violent; some of us will end up in a cell, and some may be injured.”
–Rest assured, though, Colonel Riley has a plan: “It is unclear how this will all unravel.” Or maybe not.
–Operation American Spring comes with a theme song!
–The official OAS website informs us that: “A duck cannot be turned into a fox; an elephant cannot be turned into a flea; the laws of nature will not permit.” Uh. What?
–Okay, this is funny. The third rule of engagement urges attendees: “If you don’t break the law you won’t get arrested. Follow the law. Keep it peaceful. No threats period.” Follow the law? No threats? They’re trying to overthrow the government. Breaking the law is their whole thing!
–If the overthrowing of the government lasts more than a day, attendees have been told to find lodging in DC, Maryland and Virginia. Because there aren’t any permits for tents. So, what? At sundown, the overthrowing of the government will stop while the OAS hop a Metro ride to the Motel 6 in Gaithersburg? Now, seriously, what the hell kind of overthrowing of the government is this anyway?
You know, it’s almost cute how earnest they are about this. They really, really believe it’ll happen. But obviously — obviously! — it won’t. At least a few dozen old white guys will get to pretend like they’re making a difference with their twisted, archaic agenda. They’ll get to play dress-em-up and take selfies like serious revolutionaries for a day and hang out at the National Mall, maybe take a look at a museum or two. And sorry, no, there will be no overthrowing of the government.
“No threats period.” Sheesh. Idiots.
Link
iBlazed is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 11:11 PM   #2
G51989
Banned

Awwww....so cute They think Americans give a **** about them

Last edited by G51989; May 14, 2014 at 11:16 PM.
G51989 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 11:17 PM   #3
iBlazed
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51989 View Post
Awwww....so cute They think Americans give a **** about them
It's just too goddamn funny. My favorite part is the bit where they'll be staying at local motels since tent permits are not allowed. LMAO!!!
Now that's what I call a serious revolution!
iBlazed is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 11:22 PM   #4
G51989
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlazed View Post
It's just too goddamn funny. My favorite part is the bit where they'll be staying at local motels since tent permits are not allowed. LMAO!!!
Now that's what I call a serious revolution!
I wonder if they realize how dumb they really are and how little America cares about them
G51989 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 11:25 PM   #5
iBlazed
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51989 View Post
I wonder if they realize how dumb they really are and how little America cares about them
Probably not. I'm sure they feel like "true patriots".
iBlazed is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 01:08 AM   #6
Technarchy
macrumors 601

Meh, bring it. I don't have any plans this weekend.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 01:11 AM   #7
steve knight
macrumors 65816

wonder if they can bring horses and muskets?
Old May 15, 2014, 07:24 PM   #8
Huntn
macrumors 604

If this is anything other than a hoax, they are playing with fire.
Huntn is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 08:13 PM   #9
Sydde
macrumors 68000

No doubt the astroturfers are crouching just off-stage, ready to shovel in reinforcements to show "a growing movement".
Old May 15, 2014, 08:20 PM   #10
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Let's have a little competition.

Based on reliable third party reports, how many attendees will be there? Closest guess, the first prize is... being called the winner.
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 08:28 PM   #11
Sydde
macrumors 68000

I will go high and say 12K
Old May 15, 2014, 08:30 PM   #12
iBlazed
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydde View Post
I will go high and say 12K
I will go low and say 12.
iBlazed is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 01:40 AM   #13
The Doctor11
macrumors 68040

Um... Yeah good luck with that. These people got to make sure not to get themselves killed. Everyone who has a gun in Washington DC dont play games.
The Doctor11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 08:18 AM   #14
yg17
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Velvet View Post
Let's have a little competition.

Based on reliable third party reports, how many attendees will be there? Closest guess, the first prize is... being called the winner.
Are we counting the sane people who show up just to witness this clown show?
yg17 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 08:28 AM   #15
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

They'll probably draw a few thousand nut jobs at most. MSNBC will report the crowd was in the hundreds. Fox will report it as hundreds of thousands of patriots. CNN's reporter will be looking for flight 370 in the fountain at the National Mall.
rdowns is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 08:34 AM   #16
Southern Dad
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
They'll probably draw a few thousand nut jobs at most. MSNBC will report the crowd was in the hundreds. Fox will report it as hundreds of thousands of patriots. CNN's reporter will be looking for flight 370 in the fountain at the National Mall.
I believe we agree on something... I think your media predictions are spot on.
Southern Dad is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 08:38 AM   #17
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17 View Post
Are we counting the sane people who show up just to witness this clown show?
I'm guessing that truly sane people have got better things to do with their leisure time.

Quote:
CNN's reporter will be looking for flight 370 in the fountain at the National Mall.
The most effectual Top Cat! Love me some Mr. Downs.

Don't forget, NYC still owes me that hotdog and some pastrami (and a visit to the Guggenheim), although at this rate, I'll be drawing my pension before I'm back to raise merry hell in your hood.
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 08:58 AM   #18
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
I believe we agree on something... I think your media predictions are spot on.
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Velvet View Post

The most effectual Top Cat! Love me some Mr. Downs.

Don't forget, NYC still owes me that hotdog and some pastrami (and a visit to the Guggenheim), although at this rate, I'll be drawing my pension before I'm back to raise merry hell in your hood.

Nice to see you posting; you should do it more often.

The invitation is good for life!
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 09:02 AM   #19
Southern Dad
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
I had SIRI mark the day on the calendar. Trumpets were heralding. I'm willing to be that there are more things we agree on, we just haven't had enough conversations, yet.
Southern Dad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 09:05 AM   #20
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Nice to see you posting; you should do it more often.

Been in the wars recently, but I also refer you and others here too, to Driftglass and The Liberal Serenity Prayer.

http://driftglass.blogspot.co.uk/201...-grant-me.html

Don't go changin'.
Blue Velvet is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 01:32 PM   #21
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Who would have guessed that some American Spring protesters would be carrying Confederate Flags and KKK flags?

That came from my Twitter feed. Haven't seen the pics myself.
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 01:35 PM   #22
Sydde
macrumors 68000

There is a damn conspiracy, I tells ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales (before it's news)
Attention folks: The live stream feed is having technical difficulties, they are working on the feed at this time. This feed will be restored shortly.

Imagine that everyone, the live feed was taken down as soon as they demanded Obama be impeached or resign from office. Col. Riley was about to speak on behalf of OAS when the live feed was taken down.

Is this how they are going to silence the internet? Stay tuned, the live feed should be able to be restored. Thank you Everyone. Josey.

The Live Feed Has Been Restored, please share this Live Feed all weekend. TY
Old May 16, 2014, 01:56 PM   #23
Macky-Mac
macrumors 68020

a report from the take-over

Quote:
Operation American Spring, billed as a Friday morning multi-million patriot march on Washington, D.C., to oust leadership from the nation’s capital — from President Obama to House Speaker John Boeher — has proven woefully below expectations....

“It’s a very dismal turnout,” said Jackie Milton, 61, a Jacksboro, Texas, resident and the head of Texans for Operation American Spring, to The Washington Times....

...” Mr. Milton said. “Now it’s a nice sunny day. But this is a very poor turnout. It ain’t no millions. And it ain’t looking like there’s going to be millions. Hundreds is more like it.”....

...He also said the some of the planned Operation American Spring members who were planning to head to Washington, D.C., instead traveled to Nevada, to give support to cattle rancher Cliven Bundy in his fight against the federal government over grazing fees.

“A lot that were supposed to come here went there instead,” Mr. Milton said.
ok, y'all can put your guns away now, looks like they've headed to the Bundy Ranch
Macky-Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2014, 02:09 PM   #24
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Argh, the immense mass of humanity of it

twitter has not been kind
Old May 16, 2014, 02:22 PM   #25
Don't panic
macrumors 68040

you guys thin it will be ok to go to Costco today, or will it be clogged by people storing up supplies for the upcoming shortages?
Don't panic is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues