Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Im new to iOS7, and the notifications are huge! is there a way to make them smaller?

By this I mean: in notification center, 3 facebook notifications fill up the screen, and 4 txts would do the same, with iOS6 a lot more was visible in notification center. Ive already made the text size as small as possible, but still huge notification sizes.

Any fix?

DiscoMcDisco

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
London
I'm hoping that iOS8 makes the notifications react by the text size adjustments... this has bugged me since day one.

Not just the change in 7.1 to IGNORE text size (which is why they're huge, in 7.0.x they were much MUCH smaller... think your carrier in the top bar kinda size)... but the notification bar. It's huge for no reason, the content could be so much cleaner. We could choose between large medium and small to handle what fits for the user.

Anyways... I'm ranting.

i agree with you that it should be sorted out, they had it 'just' about right (bar the new notification banner) in 7.0.x, they ruined that in 7.1.x.

iOS 8 has a lot of experience tweaks to do..

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I'm hoping that iOS8 makes the notifications react by the text size adjustments... this has bugged me since day one.

Not just the change in 7.1 to IGNORE text size (which is why they're huge, in 7.0.x they were much MUCH smaller... think your carrier in the top bar kinda size)... but the notification bar. It's huge for no reason, the content could be so much cleaner. We could choose between large medium and small to handle what fits for the user.

Anyways... I'm ranting.

i agree with you that it should be sorted out, they had it 'just' about right (bar the new notification banner) in 7.0.x, they ruined that in 7.1.x.

iOS 8 has a lot of experience tweaks to do..

I think it is fine. But I definitely agree that iOS 8 has a lot of experience tweaks to take care of.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Well, honestly didn't think it was a problem. Notifications are suppose to be in your face, they are designed for that.

But I could see Apple tweaking font sizes and button placement in iOS 8 that should remedy the problem.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
iOS 8 will flop. First year I'm not expecting anything major :(

On topic, nope, there's no way to adjust the size.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Just because there won't be anything major has no relation to something flopping.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin

Healthbook will be major.
But you are right in regard to visual UI changes. Probably there won't be any at all (just something like we saw from 7.0.x to 7.1). But there will be many under the hood performance tweaks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.