Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GiovannyLira

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Mexico City
Well, the title pretty much sums it up. How can I join .001 files on my iPad? I tried downloading every free app that manages .rar files but none of them seem to work. I have the files on Documents by Readdle. Something I could try?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Well, the title pretty much sums it up. How can I join .001 files on my iPad? I tried downloading every free app that manages .rar files but none of them seem to work. I have the files on Documents by Readdle. Something I could try?
There is no such thing as a ".001" file. What you appear to have is a segmented RAR archive. The individual segments except one have sequentially numbered extensions: .001, .002, ..., .011, .012, .rar. You need dearchiving utility that joins the segments and then decompresses them. On a desktop computer, the traditional dearchiving utility is unRAR. However, Stuffit Expander, The Unarchiver, and others will do as well.

The process require you to
  • Assemble all segments of the archive in a single folder.
  • Double-click on the .rar segment.
  • The dearchiving utility will automatically collect the other segments to create a single .rar archive and then will dearchive the .rar archive.

Dearchiving utilities such as RarExtractor are available for iOS on the iTunes Music Store. If, however, you have a desktop/laptop computer, then I recommend that you use your traditional computer to join the segments and extract the contents from the archive. The upload the contents to your iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.