Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jan 15, 2006, 03:10 PM   #1
robbieduncan

In It For The Money!

Since I now have iWeb and nothing much to use of for I have decided to start a blog. Not wanting you all to read about my personal life it's going to be about Cocoa development.

Obviously not a lot on it yet but you can read it here.

Any other MacRumors Cocoa bloggers?
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 03:26 PM   #2
GorillaPaws
macrumors 6502a

I'm really excited to read up on the process. This should be a lot of fun to follow, but I must admit, I really dislike the blue gradient streak that runs vertically on your page. It just seems unneccessary and distracting (like I've accidentally highlighted part of your text or something. Otherwise I really like it!
GorillaPaws is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 04:04 PM   #3
robbieduncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaPaws
I'm really excited to read up on the process. This should be a lot of fun to follow, but I must admit, I really dislike the blue gradient streak that runs vertically on your page. It just seems unneccessary and distracting (like I've accidentally highlighted part of your text or something. Otherwise I really like it!
Hmm, I was just trying to liven up the fairly basic iWeb templates. If I don't like it after a few entries I'll remove it!

Edit: The gradient did not seem to work too well so it's removed.

Last edited by robbieduncan; Jan 15, 2006 at 04:21 PM.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 05:24 PM   #4
HiRez
macrumors 601

Cool Robbie, I will be looking forward to what you come up with there, Poster Paint looks like a fun project. I've been thinking about some kind of blog/site myself for my projects. Right now I'm working on a live audio playback/triggering application, the engine of which I'm currently in the process of migrating from QuickTime to CoreAudio. Those non-Cocoa APIs can be a bear for people only familiar with Cocoa and Objective-C (like me). Some help there might be good as there is precious little of it available on the web or from Apple.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 02:25 AM   #5
caveman_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieduncan
Any other MacRumors Cocoa bloggers?
This is mine. There's not much to see at the moment I'm afraid. I'm planning it to be less 'what I did last night' and more 'what's coming in program x'.
caveman_uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 07:38 PM   #6
ll350
macrumors member

Nice looking blog. If iWeb can do stuff like that for non-designers like myself, I might just have to upgrade to iLife '06.

Oh, I just remembered, I'll automatically do that when I buy a MacBook Pro
ll350 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 02:11 AM   #7
HiRez
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll350
If iWeb can do stuff like that for non-designers like myself, I might just have to upgrade to iLife '06.
I really think iWeb should be included with .Mac, not iLife (or better yet, sell an iLife/.Mac combo subscription for something like $129 per year). Sorry for that off-topic rant...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming