Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Any idea how I could do a normal boot?

First make sure you are not pressing any keys at boot! Then boot to Recovery Mode by holding CMD R and go to Utilities at the top and choose "Disk Utility".

Then select your hard drive (usually called Macintosh HD) and choose Repair Disk and Repair Permissions.

Ripcrod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
First make sure you are not pressing any keys at boot! Then boot to Recovery Mode by holding CMD R and go to Utilities at the top and choose "Disk Utility".

Then select your hard drive (usually called Macintosh HD) and choose Repair Disk and Repair Permissions.

well. First this happened. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1731283/

Now I use an USB keyboard to use my MAC. Do you think sticky or not working keyboard could be the problem?

Barney63

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Bolton, UK.
Maybe the key combination for safe mode is stuck on your internal keyboard.
I would think that the OS looks at that before your USB keyboard.

Barney

Ripcrod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Try doing a reinstall. Your files shouldn't be affected. Just follow the steps in the link I gave earlier.

Did a reinstall and still boots into "Safe boot" mode. Any idea?

Also I have activated the "OSX Beta seed" (public) on this MBP. Could that be causing any problem?

Are there any other options left for me to try?

thanks guys for your help

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Did a reinstall and still boots into "Safe boot" mode. Any idea?

Also I have activated the "OSX Beta seed" (public) on this MBP. Could that be causing any problem?

Are there any other options left for me to try?

thanks guys for your help

Radeongate may have hit your MBP.

Try a new hard drive. But the graphics card failure that was common on 2011 models may of struck your machine. Is this a 13", 15", or 17" MacBook Pro?

Ripcrod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Try a new hard drive. But the graphics card failure that was common on 2011 models may of struck your machine. Is this a 13", 15", or 17" MacBook Pro?

It's a 13 inch Late 2011 model. Is it possible to find real reason?

niteflyr

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2011
Southern Cal
Now I use an USB keyboard to use my MAC. Do you think sticky or not working keyboard could be the problem?

Unplug USB keyboard and try to boot. Then plug it back in if it boots. And/or try a different USB keyboard. I think the left shift key is the safe mode boot key. It might be stuck.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Do you still have the problem when you boot from an EXTERNAL drive?

That is, a drive OTHER THAN the internal drive that is giving you problems?

If you don't have an external bootable drive, perhaps it's time to create one.

Ripcrod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Took the MBP to the Apple Store today. The guy at Genius bar said that with his initial diagnostics keyboard might be an issue and would cost 153 Euros to replace :(

They will analyse and let me know

Many thanks guys for all of your suggestions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.