Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Hello, ever since I updated my early 2013 RMBP to 10.9.3 anytime I boot up the mac it flashes a random colour with the Apple Logo in the middle? First it was yellow and now its red? Everything else is fine though, has anyone else experienced this?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hello, ever since I updated my early 2013 RMBP to 10.9.3 anytime I boot up the mac it flashes a random colour with the Apple Logo in the middle? First it was yellow and now its red? Everything else is fine though, has anyone else experienced this?

There were a couple reports of the issue in this thread.

laurihoefs

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013

This has been occurring in 10.9.3 since early betas. Allthough annoying, it's nothing to worry about.

peace4al

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
Texas
Hello
I confirm this issue to be affecting even the late 2013 models with dGPU. Mine flashes pink and then settles back to the original. Tried resetting nvram, pram etc but nothing helped

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Ok cheers guys, I guess this is just one of those annoying Apple glitches like when the fans kept spinning up for no reason but a software patch fixed it.

peace4al

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
Texas
Ok cheers guys, I guess this is just one of those annoying Apple glitches like when the fans kept spinning up for no reason but a software patch fixed it.

Can someone please try this out ?
Try using a different color profile and does it snaps to the original one when application using dGPU is launched (iPhoto, GarageBand or Photoshop)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.