Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sach504

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2002
someone said something about if your going to get an iPod get it from dell because they give out codes or something like that? or its cheaper or something? whats the deal.... :confused:

PeteyNice

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2003
Dell tends to have decent percent off deals on in their peripheral (SP) section. Last week they had 10% off and free shipping. They are one of the few places that consistently sell iPods below retail.

Bradcoe

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2002
Northeast U.S.
iPod from Dell

I got an iPod from Dell over the holidays. 10GB model for $360 with free shipping. Formatted it using iPod software version 1.2.1 on my mac as soon as it came (even though it showed up fine on the iBook before i formatted it).

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
Originally posted by MrMacman

Getting a cheaper iPod is nice, but is it a risk to get it from Dell, Yes.

I don't see how it could be a risk. its still an apple product, dell just sells it. Dell is a well established company so you can be pretty confident they aren't going to rip you off or anything. If it happens to be cheaper there, I'd do it.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i think i'm getting one this afternoon, actually. screw dell, i don't want them to have my business *or* my email address :)

target, here i come :)

everyone cross your fingers for me, i'd be getting it as a gift. he's wavering, but he wants one just as much as me, for car trips...

pnw

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by paulwhannel
i think i'm getting one this afternoon, actually. screw dell, i don't want them to have my business *or* my email address :)

target, here i come :)

everyone cross your fingers for me, i'd be getting it as a gift. he's wavering, but he wants one just as much as me, for car trips...

pnw

Good Luck. I don't see why buying from dell is different than buying from anyone else...except for the fact that it's dell.

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
The best time to buy from Dell is when they have stackable promotions ($50 off $500, 10% stackable, free shipping).

Buy an iPod $499, and a mouspad $5. Take $50 of $504 to get to $454, take 10% off $454 to get to $408.60.

For $90.40, I'll set up a use-once-and-destroy e-mail account...

Of course, you have to watch for the best coupon combos, and the more you spend the more you save.

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by Nipsy
The best time to buy from Dell is when they have stackable promotions ($50 off $500, 10% stackable, free shipping).

Buy an iPod $499, and a mouspad $5. Take $50 of $504 to get to $454, take 10% off $454 to get to $408.60.

For $90.40, I'll set up a use-once-and-destroy e-mail account...

Of coures, you have to watch for the best coupon combos, and the more you spend the more you save.

Damn, you have it figured out.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by MrMacman

If you install the mac firmware if I'm not mistaken. :D

A PC iPod will, out of the box, work on both platforms as advertised. A Mac iPod will only work on the Mac platform.

Lethal

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
YAY! i have my very own iPod now :D :D :D

its soooo cool...

that's quite a deal for the 20 gig... for that savings maybe i should have tried it...

naw, it's cool to have it in-hand right now :)

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.